Powerful secret (Flame X reader)

Requested by: Ilikedragonsbro

Flame X Animus! Quiet! Male! IceWing / SkyWing hybrid! Reader

- - -

Key:

(H/n) - Hybrid name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/m) - Favorite meat

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

(H/n) has been quite reserved while at Jade Mountain Academy. However, he quickly made a friend there that felt similarly to him, a mind-reading NightWing named Moonwatcher, or Moon for short. Moon swore she would keep the (s/c) hybrid's animus powers a secret from any other dragon.

Now, (H/n) was in the Prey center. He was by himself, chewing on some (f/m). It was peaceful, despite the constant ruckus. Until one certain event.

" By the sun, get back here! ", A voice shouted.
Which was followed by the sound of deer hooves. (H/n) looked up and noticed a ruby-red SkyWing. He had a scar across his snout and cheek, with soft smoke rising from his nostrils. His orange eyes were locked on this doe, who was running from him.

Once the prey was close enough, (H/n) reached out his (s/c) talon and scooped up the deer. He held it firmly, so it couldn't escape again. (H/n) twisted his head towards the SkyWing who slid close to him.

" I believe this is yours. ", (H/n) stated, handing the doe back to the SkyWing.
" It is. ", The SkyWing stated, grabbing it back from him.

Then, as if nothing happened, (H/n) went back to eating his (f/m).
" Actually, would you mind if I eat here? ", The SkyWing questioned.
" I wouldn't mind, no. ", (H/n) told him.

With permission, the SkyWing sat next to him, taking a bite out of his prey as well.
" I haven't seen you around before. Who are you exactly? ", The SkyWing questioned.
" I'm (H/n). I'm just your typical quiet student. ", (H/n) confirmed.
" But, you look different from anyone else I've seen. ", The SkyWing commented.
" Isn't it obvious why? ", (H/n) questioned, eyeing the SkyWing with his (e/c) eyes.
" Well, it's a cool different, I should say. ", The SkyWing stated.

" So, anyway, what's your name Mr. SkyWing? ", (H/n) asked, raising his (s/c) head and neck.
" Oh, I'm Flame. ", Flame admitted, flicking his orange eyes away from (H/n)'s (e/c) gaze.

- Timeskip -

Flame was minding his own business, when he felt a presence in his mind. He tensed up, glaring his eyes.
" Who's there!? ", He demanded, with a growl lining his voice.

Soon, a small NightWing with two silver teardrop scales around her dark green eyes appeared in his sight.

" What are you doing here? ", Flame interrogated, his orange eyes tense with wisps of rage.
" Would you like to be with (H/n)? ", Moonwatcher questioned back, in a soft tone and an innocent expression.
" Why? ", He snapped back, feeling his heart jump.
" Well, I've seen the way you look at him. I could help you, you know. ", She offered.

The SkyWing shut his mouth, looking away from the mind-reading NightWing dragonet.
" Are you going to take my offer? ", Moon questioned.
" Yes. I hope you're not fooling me. I still don't trust you, NightWing. ", Flame confirmed, shifting his orange gaze back on her.
" I'm not fooling you. ", Moon stated, honestly.

" So, what's in that mind of yours about getting him? ", Flame questioned.
" I bet you'll like this plan. ", Moon gestured, with a smile.

- Timeskip -