Kindness goes a long way (Clay X Reader)

Requested by: Ryalem20

Clay X Female! Royal! NightWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(N/n) - NightWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - -

Warnings: Mention of injury and pain.

Not too graphic though :)

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

Clay flew towards the chirping Rainforest.
' I can't wait to see Glory again. It's been so busy at Jade Mountain Academy. ', His mind rambled.

Suddenly, someone with dark scales came into his line of sight. They seemed to really catch his attention. Due to his protective and kind instincts, he flew towards the unknown dragon. His brown eyes widened seeing that the dragon was injured. Coming more closely Clay noticed the dragon had (s/c) and stars sprayed across their wings. It was in fact a NightWing.

" Are you alright? ", Clay asked the NightWing.
The NightWing sprang up in surprise then winced in pain and twitched their leg.
" No actually.. ", A female voice admitted.
" Here, Let me patch you up. ", Clay offered.
" Thank you. ", The NightWing replied.

As Clay was patching her up, he decided to make a bit of conversation.
" So, What's your name? ", He asked her.
" (N/n). You? ", (N/n) answered.
" I'm Clay. Nice to meet you (N/n). ", Clay greeted happily.
" You're Clay? The MudWing dragonet of destiny!? ", (N/n) asked, surprised.
" Why yes, I am. ", He chuckled.
" Wow, I can't believe I'm actually meeting you face to face. I've heard many good things about you. ", She said.
Turns out, Clay was now finished patching her up.
" Back on your talons. ", Clay said, gently standing her up.
She wobbled a tiny bit.
" Can you walk? ", He asked.
" I think? My leg is still killing me though. ", She replied truthfully.
" Would you like me to fly you back to the RainWing healers? ", He questioned.
" Why, yes. That would be helpful. ", She admitted.

Clay lowered himself down so (N/n) could get on his back easily. She crept up on his back.
" Hold on tight. ", Clay instructed.
(N/n) nodded and grabbed part of his wings for support. He spread out his wings and sprang into the air.

Clay shifted his wings and slowed his movements as his talons grazed the platform. He crouched and draped his left wing to the side. (N/n) slipped off his back. She still shook as she walked so Clay allowed her to take his shoulder. As they walked into the healer's hut, one of the RainWing healers smiled at Clay and waved. Clay returned the gesture. (N/n) crept into a leafy nest close to the floor. After she tucked herself in, she shifted her (e/c) eyes to Clay.
" Bye. ", Clay said.
(N/n) nodded to him as he flew off to see Glory.

- -

Glory blinked her blue-green eyes as she spotted Clay. Her ruffs speckled yellow for a moment, but she held her colors from changing. As Clay landed, Glory arched a eyebrow at him.
" What took you so long? ", Glory asked.
" Well, I took a bit extra to help someone. ", He admitted.
" Who is this mysterious someone? ", Glory teased.
" There was this NightWing and she was injured so I helped her. ", Clay explained.
" Why, this was very kind of you. No surprise from this big kind bigwing. ", She jokingly said.
Clay chuckled before he continued to chat with his fellow dragonet of destiny.

- Timeskip -

" Why don't you stay the night here? It'll a better flight in the morning. ", Glory suggested.
" You know what? I just think I will. ", Clay agreed, taking up her offer.
His brown eyes widened when he remembered someone.
" Actually, Do you mind if I head off to the healer's hut for a moment? I have to check on someone. ", He asked.
Glory shrugged, " Yeah, sure. "

Clay nodded and flew off to the hut. He made sure he was quiet so he wouldn't wake any of the other patients up. He walked towards (N/n)'s nest, to his surprise (e/c) eyes stared back at him.
" Hey ~ ", She quietly cooed at him.
" Hi, How are you feeling? ", He asked.
" Well, I'm better than I was this morning. My leg is healing up well. ", She explained.
" That's good. I'm glad I got to you when I did. ", He stated.
" Yeah, I'm glad too. ", She agreed.

Silence rested upon the two but it wasn't cold. Their eyes stayed locked together. (N/n) smiled at him and Clay smiled back. After a couple moments, Clay shook his head.
" I better get going. Glory is probably waiting for me. ", He told her.
" Aww man... ", She whined.
" I'll see you tomorrow, alright? ", He promised.
" Yeah, ok, see you soon. ", She responded, waving to him as he flew off again.

- Next Morning -

Clay was here to check up on (N/n) again, just as he said. But, she wasn't there when he was. So, he decided to find her in the NightWing village.

Clay spotted (N/n) chatting with another NightWing. (N/n) lit up as she saw Clay approaching.
" Greetings Clay! ", (N/n) exclaimed.
" Hello again! How are you doing this morning? ", Clay questioned.
" My leg isn't bothering me as much so I decided that I was strong enough to go back home myself. ", She explained.
" That's good to hear! ", He stated.

The NightWing that (N/n) was talking with, smirked at the two dragonets.
" I didn't know that my little sister's got a boyfriend ~ ", She cooed at (N/n).
" Greatness! It's not like that! He's not my boyfriend! ", (N/n) protested.
" Sure ~ ", Greatness teased.

A small gasp left Clay's mouth.
" Wait, if Greatness is your sister, does that mean you're royalty? ", He questioned.
" Well, I mean, former royalty, but yes, I am considered royalty. ", (N/n) answered.
" Well, this isn't something that happens everyday! ", Clay chuckled.

After that interaction and a bit of bonding, Clay said he had to get going as he realized that it was almost midday. (N/n) gave him a saddened look. Clay was about to fly away when (N/n) spoke up.
" Wait! ", She yelped as she sprinted towards him.
She skittered to face him. She pushed herself upwards on her (s/c) haunches. She placed a kiss on his cheek, then fell back down to the ground.
" Write to me. ", She said, running off into the village.
Clay put his talon over to the place where (N/n) kissed him. A blush rose upon his orange and brown scales. His brown eyes became sparkly and silky almost like chocolate. He giggled then officially flew off back to Jade Mountain.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Take this request. I hope I did well with it.

Published: Mar. 12th / 2022