Strawberries and Sunflowers (Peacemaker X Reader)

Peacemaker X Softboy! Male! SandWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - SandWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

Peacemaker sniffs the crisp dew-filled air. He's looking for new kinds of fruit for him, his friends and mother to try. He wants to make something special for them. He always loves when they smile at him brightly when he gives them something new.

He's deep into the dark underbrush, far away from the NightWing village or where the RainWings usually stay. Soon, he finds a small and open area. There's some bushes scattered around. A massive rock which is next to a tall tree lays in the middle. The other trees around the area almost curve into it, as if there was something special about this one small area.

However, Peacemaker only focused on the bushes. He jumped straight to them, almost running. He carefully and quickly searched them for anything new. Unfortunately for him, he only found a couple of tiny berries. He had seen these before. He frowned at them in defeat. He popped one into his mouth and unknowingly went around the massive boulder. Peacemaker gasped at the sight.

The other side of the rock was completely hollow. There was a hole in it. The hole was dark and Peacemaker couldn't see what was on the other side. It appeared to be a tunnel. Peacemaker was confused, yet curious. What would await him the other side? Will it lead him to a land full of new kinds of fruit and berries?

Peacemaker's curiosity got the best out of him and he decided to slip through the magical tunnel. He was surprised to find a sea of sand.
' Huh? ', His brain asked.
He scanned around the dunes of pale yellow and orange sand.

Peacemaker gasped when he spotted a bit of movement in the sand dunes. He felt a wave of curiosity and a bit of fear, not knowing what it was in the waves of the desert. The curiosity pushed him to walk towards the movement. Parhaps it was a scorpion or a lizard. But no, it was a (s/c) dragonet.

Peacemaker lightly touched a patch of (s/c) scales that he could see. Quickly, the scales jolted up and sprang out of the sand, away from him. Then, a dragonet which was about his size, suddenly appeared staring at him with wide and tense (e/c) eyes. The dragonets barbed tail was in a defensive position, pointing straight at him. Peacemaker jumped back, away from the SandWing dragonet.

" Hello. ", Peacemaker greeted with a scared tone.
Then, the SandWing dragonet relaxed his muscles a bit and his tail barb lowered towards his (s/c) back legs. His (e/c) eyes relaxed as well as he looked at Peacemaker. The SandWing dragonet carefully and slowly slithered towards the hybrid. Finally, he stopped inches away from Peacemaker's dark scaled face. The SandWing dragonet then examined him, up and down and curled around him. Then, after the dragonet stopped, he faced Peacemaker.
" Who are you? ", He asked.
" Peacemaker. Who are you? ", The hybrid replied.
The SandWing dragonet hesitated before opening his mouth.
" (S/n). My name is (S/n). ", He told Peacemaker.

" Well, nice to meet you, (S/n). ", Peacemaker said with a big bright smile.
Then, (S/n)'s (s/c) face immediately lit up. He lifted up his (s/c) talon and lightly and quickly pressed Peacemaker's chest.
" Tag! You're it! ", He shouted, sprinting into the sand, away from Peacemaker.
" Hey! Get back here! ", Peacemaker shouted back giggling and quickly chasing after his new SandWing friend.

After about an hour of playing, Peacemaker left (S/n) and went back into the tunnel. When he got back, no one seemed to notice. He giggled as he made a new friend in a entirely new place. However, the sad thing was that the next day, (S/n) was nowhere to be found. Peacemaker was sad that the SandWing disappeared. Until one day.

- Timeskip -

Peacemaker was about 4 years old now. His mother had enlisted him to Jade Mountain Academy, knowing he would make some new friends there. And when Peacemaker got there, he would've never guessed to see someone there. It was his old SandWing friend, (S/n).

" (S/n)? ", Peacemaker called out as he approached the SandWing.
The (s/c) SandWing turned to him and his (e/c) eyes widened and sparked as he looked at the hybrid.
" Peacemaker? ", (S/n) called back.
Both dragonet's faces immediately lit up and they ran towards each other. Quickly embracing the other with a big and strong hug. After they pulled away, they started to catch up with each other. Also, it turns out that both of them were in the same winglet.

After spending many months together, Peacemaker realized that he had developed feelings for the soft (s/c) SandWing. He wanted to confess to the pretty (e/c) eyed SandWing so badly, he just didn't know how to do it. So, he did it the only the way he knew how and made the SandWing a warm strawberry pie.

Peacemaker also picked small sunflower and wove them together into a bundle. The flowers kind of reminded him of his crush's (s/c) scales. He wrote a note confessing to the SandWing and wrapped it around the stems of the sunflowers. Peacemaker smiled proudly at his work for his crush.
' I hope he likes me back. He's so sweet like a dark red strawberry. I adore him so much. ', Peacemaker thought.
Then, Peacemaker quickly scrambled to find (S/n).

When he spotted the SandWing, he lit up.
' There he is! Here we go! ', His mind chirped.
" Hey (S/n)!! ", Peacemaker shouted.
The male SandWing turned over to the hybrid's voice. Once his (e/c) eyes met Peacemaker's, a smile immediately appeared on his face.
" Hi Peacemaker! ", He chirped.

He looked at what Peacemaker had in his dark talons with a puzzled look.
" Why do you have a pie and sunflowers? ", (S/n) questioned.
" Well, they're for you! ", Peacemaker told him, handing him his gifts.
A red blush burst upon the SandWing's (s/c) cheeks.
" Thank you. That's very thoughtful of you. ", (S/n) flusteredly said.
Then, his (e/c) eyes met the piece of scroll on the bundle of sunflowers. He gave it a sceptical look and unraveled it from the bundle.

As he silently read it, Peacemaker fiddled with his dark talons with nervousness. The hybrid wasn't sure how the SandWing was going to react to his confession. As (S/n) looked away for the small scroll, his face was a deep crimson. The SandWing's heart was pounding in his (s/c) chest.
" Peacemaker... I... ", (S/n) started, shyly.
His (e/c) eyes avoided Peacemaker's eyes and lingered on the ground for a moment before they went back up.
" I feel the same way. I love you, Peacemaker. ", He confessed.

Peacemaker's dark cheeks burst in red before he smiled widely at the SandWing's confession. The hybrid impulsively give him on the snout. After a moment of realization, Peacemaker stopped himself.
" I'm sorry! ", He apologized quickly.
" It's fine. I liked it, actually. First kiss from a pretty boy that I'm glad to call my boyfriend ~ ", (S/n) cooed.
" Awww, you're so sweet. I love youuuuu. ", Peacemaker giggled.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey, I know that this wasn't requested or anything. But I had this idea for a while now and I thought it would be perfect to start of June (pride month).

Be proud to be LGBTQ+. All genders and sexualities are valid. Everyone should be accepted for who they are <3

- A proud trans man <3

Also, I hope you enjoyed this soft oneshot. I had this idea when I was eating strawberries, listening to fallen down (by Toby Fox and from Undertale, btw), and lighting a sweet candle. I actually thought of a Sky X reader idea, but Peacemaker would be more fitting, so here have this soft and very gay oneshot.

Happy pride month everyone <3

Published: June 1st, 2022