Chapter 6

Dedicated to @amthatgirlVee
My amazing friend!!
____________

-Jack POV-

I woke up this morning feeling better than usual. Thinking of last night, I should have a massive hangover now but i didn't. I felt good.

I also realized that I woke up in my own bedroom this morning. I pulled on sweats and a shirt, and walked out of my bedroom. I spotted Hannah sprawled out on the couch.

I instantly felt guilty. Why would she even sleep on the couch just for me? I couldn't remember what happened last night that made her do that.

I headed to Johnsons house, I didn't want to be there when Hannah wakes up.

"Wow you're up early." Johnson said when I got there. I'm never up before 9 a.m and it's like 8 now.

I laughed. "Yeah I feel great. I just didn't want to be in that house with a her."

"I don't know man." He said looking at me seriously. "You shouldn't be that hard on Hannah."

"What?" I frowned at him.

"Well Sammy and I met her lastnight when we had to haul your drunk ass home. She was really nice to us." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah so? Anybody can act like that JJ. She's just a spoilt only-child."

He raised a brow. "Bro...she took care of you like you're already her husband. She fed you some kinda soup, undressed you and even tucked you into bed!" He said.

My face blanked for a second. Thats how I ended up in my bed - Hannah let me sleep there and took the couch. I didn't know what to say to him.

"Doesn't seem like a spoilt only-child to me man." He added. "She's really sweet."

"I'm such a dick." I sighed. I made her feel so terrible and unwelcome, left without telling her, came home drunk and she still took care of me when she could have let me sleep outside.

"Yeah you kinda are." JJ nodded.

I nudged him. "Dude you're supposed to tell me 'no Jack you're so sweet.' not agree with me calling myself a jerk."

He laughed. "I always take your side idiot bu Hannah isn't as bad as you make her out to be."

I shrugged. "Maybe."

"She must be having a rough time, small town girl marrying a famous singer. Its harder for her so be nice."

"Geeez Dr Phil! Where my bestfriend at? I don't know this deep emo kid." I said.

He laughed and held his hands up. "Hey sometimes I dont know who I am."

-Hannah POV-

Jack had already left by the time I had woken up with a stiff neck. I don't know how Jack would volunteer to sleep on the couch for me. Or maybe he did it because he felt revolted at the thought of sleeping next to me. Probably.

It made me less angry at him though.

I showered and threw on denim jeans and a tank. I tied my hair into a knot and started cleaning the apartment. Jack wasn't the nearest people on the earth.

After an hour, his apartment was basically shining. I was a neatfreak and I hope Jack could handle that.

Just as I was about watch some TV, the drunk from last night walked in. I glared at him. "Hey Hannah - woah did you do some cleaning up in here?"

I nodded. "It looks great." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want Jack?"

"Look I know you really hate me - "

"Understatement." I muttered.

He sighed. "I'm sorry okay? I know you took care of me lastnight and I appreciate that so I kinda have a surprise for you."

"I don't want anything from you." I snapped at him. He wasn't going to get off so easily especially after being an ass.

"Just shut up and put this on." He threw me a blindfold. I rolled my eyes but put it on anyways. He put his hands on my shoulder and steered me down the small hallway.

"Okay ready?" He asked. I heard a hint of excitement in his voice. I wanted to snap at him but he made me so angry.

"Just take off the blindfold." I snapped again.

He pulled it off in a swift motion and in front me stood an art room. I'm talking an easel stand with different colors of paint, even hooks on the walls to hand paintings.

"Wow!" I gasped.

"I made the extra room into a small art studio for you. You said you liked art so i figured you'd be less bored here." Jack said from behind.

I turned around and threw my arms around his neck. He tensed up slightly but hugged me back. "Are you joking? I love it so much Jack! Thank you so much."

He chuckled. "I'm glad you like it. There's extra paint if you wanna decorate the walls or some shit."

I pulled away slightly, his arms still around me. "This is foreal the best surprise ever! I can't believe you remembered what I said the first night we met."

He turned red. "Yeah I'm not as dull as you think..." He trailed off realizing how close our faces were. Before I could pull myself away fully, Jack softly pressed his lips to mine. I was stunned but some part of me kissed him back.

He pulled away and stared at me for a few seconds then leaned in and kissed me more forcefully.

____________
Their first kiss yay!