Chapter 96

5sos - Jet Black Heart

Reedited this chapter and changed their school to 'Elementary' to reduce confusion!
_________

-Hannah POV-

"Hey!" Jack Johnson answered his phone.

"Hey, I know its pretty late but are you with Jack?" I asked him.

It was around 11:40 pm and Jack wasnt home yet, its been about a week after Nate and Sammy visited and no improvement in our relationship.

"I'm sorry Han, he isn't here." Johnson told me. "Did you call - "

"I called everyone Jack." I said feeling my heart sink.

I was worried about my husband, it was pretty late for him to be out. He would have told me if he was going to be home this late and yet...no messages, calls, nothing.

"Don't panic Hannah." Johnson said. "I know Jack and he's not irresponsible, just stay calm alright? Go to bed."

"Alright." I sighed.

"Don't worry alright." He said.

"Night J." I said and hung up. I tried to stay calm but this was bothering me and I know I wouldn't be able to get any sleep until Jack gets back.

Just as I was about to head upstairs and check on Finn and Kim, the door bell rang several times. I raced to the door and opened it, Jack stumbled in.

Only he was drunk...and he smelt of weed.

"Jack what -" I started.

"Bayyybee." He groaned and leaned against me. I pushed him off me and slammed the door shut.

"Where were you Jack?" I asked him angrily.

"Out." He answered.

I lifted my hand and slapped him so hard my hand stung. Jack stared at me in shock, it must have knocked the alcohol out of him because his face became serious.

"What the fùck Hannah?" Jack asked me like I was the wrong here. "Are you out of your mind?"

"Are you out of YOUR mind?" I asked him and folded my arms. "You have two kids and you decide to go out and party until you're fùcked? You're - "

"Mommy?" Kim and Finn said, peeking from behind the stairway wall. They were both starting at Jack and I. I felt horrible for yelling so loudly at Jack, forgetting about the kids upstairs.

"What's wrong?" Finn asked, frowning. Jack took a step forward but I held him back. No way was I letting him touch them with that alcohol and weed stench on him.

"Mom and dad are just talking baby." I smiled and walked up to them. "You two go back upstairs and sleep."

"But mom - " Kim started.

"Kim listen to your mother." Jack said, with a note of finality, behind me.

The two of them jogged up the stairs to the bedroom, leaving Jack and I alone. I wish he wouldn't do all of this, save us all the trouble but he didn't care. I could tell.

"Hannah - " he started.

"Please just leave me alone Jack." I said, feeling tears wanting to flow but I held them back. "I don't care who you were with or what you were doing, just please leave me alone."

I walked upstairs and shut our bedroom door, getting into bed. I felt like everything Jack and I built was coming undone, slowly but surely. Was there anything left to save?