Chapter 31

Dedicated to @marieee87 and @ArishaMohammed for the votes and comments!! Making doubles becs I wanna dedicate to everyone who votes and there wont be enough Chapters :((
____

-Hannah POV-

I decided to face-time Megan one last time to ask her if she even wanted to come to my wedding. If she even picked the phone up.

I told Jack to give me a minute alone before we headed to Carters house.

To my surprise she did.

Her smiling face popped onto the screen but she looked totally different than the Blonde haired innocent girl i once knew. Her hair was dyed a brilliant red, her face was plastered with dark make up and red lipstick.

"Hannah?" Her smile faded to a frown.

"Megan! Hey I missed you!" I sighed and forced a smile. She didnt return it.

"What do you want?" She asked bluntly making my throat run dry.

You'd think after not talking to your bestfriend for a solid month, she would be enthusiastic about talking to you. But not Megan.

"I called...uhm...what's going on Megan? You don't return my texts or calls for weeks on end and you don't even seem happy to talk to me." I frowned.

It looked like Megan was at a party because there was a group of people behind her, they were smoking and drinking. Is this the type of people she hangs out with now?

The music was blasting loud so she looked back at them and yelled that she was heading outside to finish the face-time.

"Cut to the chase Hannah." Megan snapped once she was outside. She said my name like it was poison in her mouth.

"What changed Meg?" I tried to sooth her over.

"What changed?" She raised a brow. "I was just tired of my old like in Nebraska!"

"I thought you were sad leaving." I said trying to hide the hurt in my voice.

She laughed drily. "It was an act Hannah! Are you really that thick? I actually convinced my mom and dad to move out here for me!"

"Why would you?"

"Because of you Hannah! You get everything you want in life and you don't even know how lucky you are!" She spat at me.

"How was getting forced to marry in any way lucky?" I asked. My heart was breaking.

"Jack freaking Gilinsky is your fiancé! You should be jumping for joy because he's famous and your life is set!" She sighed.

"So what?" I asked angrily. "I don't care if i was engaged to freaking Obama! I didn't want that and I thought you would be there for me! What happen to best friends?"

"I was there for you Hannah!" She spat. "That was after I realized you have everything you want and I'm just Hannah Bass's miserable friend."

"Megan..you were never that girl." I said weakly. Why would she ever think that? In my opinion it was the opposite of that actually, it was always Megan that people liked, I was her dorky friend.

"I was just your shadow! I'm sick of it, I'm sick of you!" she yelled into the phone. I actually flinched from the anger on her face

"Megan.." I said.

"No Hannah!" she yelled. "If you're wondering whether I'm coming to your wedding...its a big fat NO! I don't need you or my old life back."

Ouch.