🫀apologize🫀

They rode for a while, actually leaving the city as tall building were fading in the distance. They were replaced by small house and country side villages, bringing a cozy feeling amongst them. Jisung clung to Minho, resting his head on him, loving every part of this.

Soon enough, they arrived and Minho parked close to something that didn't quite look like a house, at least not anymore.

"That's the village I grew up in" he pointed at what looked like a small town boy too far away as he took off his helmet and rested it on his seat. Jisung did the same, following behind as Minho lead the way.

They approached something as black as coal, spread all of the ground, a few things still sticking out.

"This used to be a house...my house" he bent down and picked up the ashes that swept the floor, some furniture burnt and still half standing.

"What the hell happened...?" He looked in horror around him, taking Minhos hand.

The brunette put the bouquet of his mom's favorite flowers down on the ground next to a lot more that looked years and years old, nothing out a crispy pile of leaves next to the fresh and new ones.

"I think you might want to sit down for this..." they walked over to a bench, sitting on it as they watching the scene in front of them, the story ready to be told.

<3

Flashback.

Minho grew up as an ordinary kid, nothing wrong or special that could be depicted. Yet, that never stopped the bullying from getting out of hand. No matter what he did he was the target number one, especially for three boys in his class.

They made it their sole purpose to ruin his life, and they did just that.

They would hurt him, kick him to the ground for no reason what so ever, for the pure pleasure to hurt someone.

He would often come back home with bruises and cuts on his face, even though he tried to hide them.

"Minho sweetheart..." his mother pulled him close to her chest, as he heard it pound, making him feel better already.

"You worry me everyday...you are so brave to take on so much, those bullies don't understand what they do to you" she patted his hair as the silky strands passed through her fingers.

"I'm fine mom, I can take care of it"

"I know you can, just as stubborn as your father was, but you're not a fighter like he was, you're a lover. I see the way you take on every hit or insult without returning any, I think it's very wise of you"

"Are people born fighters?"

"Some are and some are made into ones, but I think if you continue like this you might just find your flower..." she hummed his favorite song, rocking him back and worth.

"What's a flower?" The child asked.

"A flower is someone you care about so much that you would give anything for them, even if it end up hurting you in the process. It's someone you want to hold and care for, someone you love truly more then anything in the world...maybe one day you'll find them, your flower"

"But mommy I already found it...you're my flower" he said it honestly, making her tear up as she held him closer.

She frowned when a smell came up to her nose.

It smelled like smoke.

<3

"The three kids who bullied me thought it would be a funny idea to set up fireworks in front of my house...to scare me" Jisung put his head on Minhos shoulder, looking at the house in horror.

"But one of the sparks of fire got caught on the house, so slowly the fire consumed the house like it was nothing more then a last meal...by the time we realized the house was burning down, all the exits were blocked, but we managed to find a small hole the fire had created...so small only I could fit inside of it. Before I could object, my mom pushed me out, smiling at me one last time before wood covered the hole again. I screamed and screamed for her to come back to me, but my flower was losing her petals one by one until slowly she screamed...so loudly. I tried to reach her again as all I could ear was her being torn by flames, her flesh eaten rapidly. By the time the fire department arrived, the house was nothing more then what you see right now, but their was a boy in front crying and yelling for his mom to come back, but she wouldn't..."

Minho whipped the tears away, looking at the exact spot he was years ago.

"Even when the fire stopped and the wind on the hills had calmed down, I could still hear her voice, screaming and yelling from all the pain. I heard it everywhere I went, even when I slept I could hear her...so out of anger I tracked down those three boys I saw running like cowards, I hunted them and one by one I made sure their deaths were pure torture, I made sure they screamed just as much as she did when she was on the verge of dying...I made them pay in the worst possible ways...and it worked, the sounds finally stopped for a few minutes. So for the last one of them I made sure I took all of the time I needed, I melted his face until it was nothing to look at except a pile of flesh holding itself together...I made him pay, but I wasn't done just yet. I let him go..."

Minho looked up in the sky, closing his eyes as more tears fell down, Jisung crying just as much.

"I did so because I wanted him to suffer, to live a life where no one could ever look at you without being scared, so they would know what kind of a fucking monster he is...but I didn't realize I was becoming one myself..." jisung looked into his coffee brown eyes, cupping his face gently as he whipped his tears with his thumbs.

"Oh Minho..." he pulled him into a kiss, but it wasn't like the ones they had before, this one was slow and full of emotions and shared pain.

"You're far from a monster...you're so caring and loving even if no one will try and see it, just like a little cactus"

"A cactus?"

"Yeah, on the outside, people can only focus on the sharp needles that are coming out of it, but do you know what I see? I see a beautiful flower growing on top of it, ready to bloom and show all of its colours...so-"

It was Minhos turn to lean in and draw him into another kiss, then placing their foreheads together.

"Where were you all my life...?" Minho cried out, lowering his head on Jisung's shoulder.

"Some flowers take longer to bloom..." they looked into each other's eyes again, like two piece of puzzle connecting perfectly.

They didn't notice but a single shooting star flew above them, shining on the two as they held each other's hands.