🫀in front of us🫀

Minho didn't move, all he could do was not believe his eyes. He stood there and watched the man he still loved so much. All those emotions he'd try to hide and burry deep down just came back up as flowers. Growing inside his chest and taking his heart captive.

"You can't be real..." he approached and raised his hand, drawing his jawline with two fingers and tearing up when he felt him. He was actually there.

So we're the tears falling down his eyes.

"I am...I know I'm not supposed to but..."

"You can't-" he felt his heart ache, distancing himself. "You can't do this...you can't leave for two years and come back out of the blue, I've worked for months to forget you, to make my heart understand that you were never coming back...fuck" he whipped the tears off his face.

"Minho-"

"I don't want to see you...please I..." he gulped the sorrow back down his throat. "Don't ruin what I've worked so hard to forget..." he looked down at his own scar. It hasn't left him since the day the younger one had carved it, but Jisung's kept leaving when he wanted it to stay.

"You want to...forget..?" Jisung's eye let a tear fall.

"It's the only way...you wanted us to separate so you could get your life back."

"Don't pretend like you had no part in this. I did it for you. I didn't get my old life back, you did. You have y-your job and your family and your home. I got kicked out, I live alone and all I can do is live with what ever I'm given...I didn't get anything back because if I did I'd be here with you. Spare me the guilt I've had enough of it..." jisung stopped when he realized how arche his words were.

"Leave...it's not like we can be together anyway right? Why bother?"

"Because I've missed you..." he said , trying to watch towards him, but Minho stepped away.

"Stop talking."

"But it's true, I really have-"

"Please leave..." he cried out, looking up to meet his eyes. "I can't handle it anymore, no more breakups, no more...us"

Jisung felt his heart break all over again.

It was the same extent to when he had left that day. Maybe he had hope to one day go back to him, but this made it over for good, this made all his nightmares come true.

"I'll respect your choice...even though I don't want this"

"I don't either. But like I said, we can't"

"Minho..."

"Jisung...?"

"You're the best thing that happened to me...I know you want to forget but I never will." He walked next to him and passed him, stopping when he was a bit farther ahead and turned around when he heard him sob. He went in his back and wrapped his arms around his waist, never wanting to let go again. He laid his head on his shoulder and Minho leaned his head against his.

"You're making this so difficult..." he covered his face with both his hands.

"I just want a proper goodbye..." he cried out.

The dog whined, seing how miserable they were, feeling it in his core.

"We'll never get one, because no matter what we do, we'll always fall back, but we can't jisung" he took the younger's hands and drew them apart, getting out of his grasp and turning around. "You know...flowers can grow tall and beautiful, but without their light they are nothing. They slowly wash away and their leaves crisp up until they fall out of defeat...but it stays there in the dark, never to be reborn. It's meant to rot and die slowly as the life gets dragged away from it " he walked backwards, closing his eyes shut.