| Chapter 25: Dueling Club |

Weeks has past since the Quidditch match with Slytherin and Gryffindor. Weeks has past since that little conversation and interaction you and Malfoy had in the Hospital Wing. You never thought you would gave such confidence to have that conversation with him and admit that you were worried but then again you are a Slytherin.

Walking into a room to the dueling club. You saw a bunch of students from each house. Chatting with one another and their voices mixing with each other.

"Y/n!" Hermione waved to you. You smiled walking up to her while you held a letter that you received from Evie. It came from your Dad but you haven't opened it yet as you were hurrying to get here before you were late and get detention again.

"What's that?" Hermione asked you pointing to the letter in your hand.

"A letter from my Dad" You answered

"Have you read it yet?" She asked curious

"Not really but I will read it" You said smiling at her. Professor Lockhart stepped up to the long runway.

"Gather round! Gather...round!" Professor Lockhart walks up to the middle and every student walking up the side of the long runway. Looking up at the DADA teacher who wore something a prince would wear when they train for fencing. He also had a cloak on his shoulder.

Great fashion sense

Girls all dreamingly staring at him and you were one of them as well. Along with Hermione. Malfoy who was at the other side of the runway with his friends saw you looking at Gilderoy Lockhart with heart eyes.

"Tsk, what's so great about him" Malfoy mumbled in annoyance.

"What was that, Dray Dray?" Pansy asked who was beside him. Sticking to him like glue and smiling at him like a crazy person.

"Nothing" Malfoy spat looking up at Professor Lockhart.

"Can everybody see me?" Lockhart asked looking at everyone.

"Can you all hear me?"

"Excellent" He said once every student had silent down. Everyone attention is now directed to him.

"In light of the dark events of recent weeks—" He referred to the writings on the wall of the Chamber of Secrets being opened and the petrified people and cat. You gulped remembering when you found the words on the wall and blood and Mrs. Norris who was petrified.

Then your mind drifted off to the same night where you and Malfoy shared a small moment with each other. No bickering, No teasing and No getting mad at each other or pushing one another. Just the two of you having a civil talk. You remembered how you made him stay and you remembered when he promise to protect you and made sure no one hurts you. It warmed your heart and instead of hating him more. The tiny crush you had grew and you never expected it to stay. You expected it to leave and disappear the moment, he says something that will offend you so much and hurt you.

"Professor Dumbledore has granted m permission to start this dueling club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves—" He said while walking on the runway with his one hand on his hips. Everyone's gaze followed his walking figure.

"—As I myself have done on countless occasions" He said making girls fall for his bravery. You rested you elbow on the runway and your chin on the palm of your hand as you stared at Professor Lockhart.

"For full details, see my published works" He said taking off the cloak and throwing it to a group of Ravenclaw girls making every girl gasped at this in jealous and surprise. A girl caught the cloak and hugged it.

"Out of all place, he throws it there?" You whispered to Hermione who just giggled at your jealous remark.

"That Lockhart's something, isn't he? Awfully brave, yeah" Someone talked to Harry who was a Hufflepuff.