| Chapter 86: Suspicious |

"Cissy, you cant do this. He cant be trusted" Bellatrix whisper hissed to her sister as they walked down the wet small alleyway

"The dark lord trusts him" Narcissa replied

"The dark lords mistaken" Bellatrix hissed then voices of children were heard as they leaned on the walls of the alleyway to not be seen. Once the children were gone they continued to walk. They reach the door then knocked on it.

The door opened to a familiar person, Peter Pettigrew or otherwise known as Wormtail. They walked in after Wormtail let them in. Bellatrix and Narcissa were guided to a study room where the person they seek sat on a chair while reading the daily prophet. Snape lets his daily prophet drop, looking up.

"Run along, Wormtail" Snape grabbed his wand, flicking it as the door shuts on Pettigrew.

Narcissa is holding a glass of wine in her hand while saying "I-I know I ought not to be here. The Dark Lord himself forbade me to speak of this" Behind her, Bellatrix walks around to the mantel and picks up a round object and examines it.

"If the Dark Lord has forbidden it, you ought not to speak—" Snape said as he glances at Bellatrix "—Put it down, Bella. We mustn't touch what isn't ours" And just like that, Bellatrix puts the round object back on the mantel

"As it so happens, I'm aware of your situation, Narcissa"

Bellatrix looked at him in disbelief "You? The dark lord told you?" He asked

"Your sister doubts me" Snape said in his usual monotone voice

"Understandable. Over the years I played my part well, so well, I have deceived one of the greatest wizards of all times" Snape raised his voice a little bit.

:Dumbledore is a great wizard, only a fool would question it"

"I don't doubt you, Severus" Narcissa emphasized every word.

"You should be honest, Cissy. As should Draco" Bellatrix spoke up. Narcissa looked like she was gonna tear up, glancing at her sister before at Snape.

"He's just a boy" She uttered

"I can't change the Dark Lord's mind. But it might be possible for me to help Draco" Snape said making Narcissa stand up walking up to Snape.

"Severus—"

"Swear to it" They both looked at Bellatrix

"Make the unbreakable vow. It's just empty words" Bellatrix smirked walking forward.

"He'll give it his best effort when it matters most. He'll just slither back into his hole" She whispered resting her chin on Snape's shoulder before proceeding to walk around him

"Coward" She said

"My goddaughters life is at stake and you think I would break my word?" Snape asked in a monotone voice

"Always did have a soft spot for that mudblood and now her filthy half-blood daughter as well. A shame if she died" Bellatrix smirked

"Many hearts will break"

"Take. out. your. wand" Snape emphasized everyone as he and Narcissa held each others wrist while Bellatrix stood in the middle with her wand. She flicked her wand and a golden white line circles there forearms.

"Will you, Severus Snape, watch over Draco Malfoy, as he attempts to fulfill the Dark Lord's wishes?"

"I will"

"And will you, to the best of your ability, protect him from harm?"

"I will"

"And, if Draco should fail, will you yourself carry out the deed the Dark Lord has ordered Draco to perform?"