Episode 2: Omen

"Nori!" Yuko screamed again

"Nori!" Yuko screamed again. She ran up to her childhood friend. Her eyes and skin lost some of its color. "Nori..."

"Hey, kid," Serrano said, picking him up. "Hey, open your eyes!"

"Nori, please wake up," Ximena said, placing a hand on his head.

"Please, Nori..." Yuko said, closing her eyes tightly. "Please wake up."

"Do not fear, my faithful son is safe," the voice said once more before vanishing.

Nori let out a weak groan as he opened his eyes. "Where is Nori? What happened to the Sky Father?"

"Nori! Nori's awake!" Yuko said, opening her eyes.

Nori giggled as Serrano put him back down. "Yeah, Nori is up now!"

"Sky Father?" Saya asked. She glanced up at the white mist overhead. "You spoke to him?"

Nori rubbed his forehead. "Yeah, Nori even saw him! The one who along with the Earth Mother crafted this world. He told Nori that the time for rebirth is near, but that first the seven must be reborn."

Saya rubbed her chin as she lowered her head. "That's... interesting."

"That's still a long ways away," a cold voice echoed. Descending from the ivory stairs was a blue winged angel.

"Aunt," Saya said, turning around to face the sapphire-winged woman.

The woman walked past her niece. She raised her top wings, allowing us to see her long, wavy indigo hair. The angel's eyes were like those of Eri's, as deep hued as the oceans themselves. "Greetings, mortals."

"Aunt? So, this woman must be..." Setsuko began.

"Regina? Aquarina? That's right, I'm one of the seven, the 'Angel of Water'," the angelic woman said, floating closer to us. "You five with the cauldrons my husband made, come with me."

Wait, Halim made these?

"Huh?" I asked. "What for?"

She glanced back, staring at us silently. In the sea of her eyes were hints of bitterness. "Follow me and we'll tell you."

"Wait," Yuko yelled. "What about Yuko and the others?"

Aquarina stared at her for a moment. "You're..."

"Yeah, she's Amira's relative," Saya responded. "Like Amira's mother, she lived as a slave. A relic dating back to your rule, dear aunt."

Right, Yuko's ancestors were captured in that most ancient of wars between Xeleria and our realm.

Aquarina floated upwards, not saying another word.

"You five knights follow my aunt," Saya said, stepping toward Yuko. "I'll take care of Yuko and the others." She paused. "But before that, who do you desire to lead your groups in your absence?"