Epilogue: Living Experience

*Ashi*

I put down my last carrot. "What happened next?" I ask.

"You sure that wish to continue?" Dad asks. "What comes next might be too heart wrenching for you."

I lower my eyes. I did feel bad, especially about what happened to Eiji and the situation with Serrano and his family. Actually, part of me feels as if I've lived through some of it. Maybe it's just my dad's words. He can be rather descriptive. Actually, sometimes I think he majored in literature like Tetsu. Not that Tetsu had a rich vocabulary.

Dad coughs.

"Are you okay, Dad?" Erika asks.

He grabs a glass of water and jugs it. Once he puts it down, he smiles at my sister. "Yeah, I'm fine, dear. Just suffering from a dry throat after all that story telling," he says, touching his neck.

"Maybe you should stop for the day," Mom says, touching his left arm.

He sighs. "Alright. Sorry, Ashi, but it seems that we have to call it quits for today."

I don't want him to stop, but it's probably for the better. I don't want Dad to lose his voice become of me.

I nod my head. "Okay."

I pats my head and grins. "Thanks for understanding, kiddo."

I imagine my dad slightly younger with a shield in his arm. For some reason, I still imagine Tetsuya to look like him.

"Something the matter?" he asks, letting go of my head.

"It's nothing major, just my mind wandering off like usual."

He laughs. "Is it now? Reminds me of when I was younger. My mind used to wander off easily. Especially during math class."

"What did you think about?" I ask, curious.

He puts his chin of the palm of his hand and looks ahead with a nostalgic look. "Stories."

I leer at him. "Stories, huh? I bet Tetsu did too."

He raises his head and shakes it as if snapped out of trance. "Hmm, I appear to getting sleepy too."

"Well, the day is starting to come to an end," Mommy says.

"Can we go and play?" my brother asks. "I hear that the city is beautiful at night."

"It is!" Keiko says, grinning.

"No, what if you get separated from us," Dad says, staring at me.

I sink a little in my seat. Way to make me feel guilty, Dad.

"I'll keep watch over them," Mommy says, reaching a hand out and patting me on the head. "We'll try to avoid the biggest crowds."

Dad sighs. "Fine, but I'm coming with you just in case."

I smile. He sure can be overprotective. I glance at Keiko and take out a small box. "Almost forgot, here's ya gift!"

"Mommy and me helped him pick it out!" my youngest sister says, grinning like Dad was earlier.

Keiko's cheeks turn red. "T-thanks, but you shouldn't have."

I puff up my chest. "What do ya mean? You're my friend. I didn't need to get you something, but I did want to get you something."

She raises the box toward the warm cheeks and smiles. "Thanks, Ashi."

"Now, let's go and enjoy the festival!" my brother says, jumping to his feet.

"Hey, what did I just say about wondering off?" Dad snaps, running after him.

"We better go too," I say, laughing.

Keiko nods. "Yeah."

*Sierra*

I glance up at the sky. The sun will soon start to set and we haven't found Dad nor the others yet.

"Hey!" a voice calls out. I turn and see a white-haired boy running over to us.

"Setsuna!" I yell. "Where were you?"

"We got caught up in Dad's storytelling that we lost track of time."

Mom smiles at me. "See, what did I say?"

I laugh. Guess that she sure knows dad well. But I'm curious as to how they ended up together considering their situation...

I spot Dad as he walks over with the rest of my siblings and Ivonne's dad and siblings.

"Hey, Dad! Setsuna told us that you were storytelling! Think that you can tell us the rest of the story?" I ask.

"Sorry dear, but I'm all tired out," Dad says, rubbing the front of his neck.

Mom sighed. "As am I."

Setsuna and I sigh. Guess that we have to wait some time before figuring out what happened to the previous king and Conrad.

**Solar Note: Thanks for reading this far. The fourth book, Fated Holy War, will be published on here on the 15th of January 2021. Overall thoughts on this third and potentially penultimate entry?**