Episode 78: Prey vs. Predator

Halim's portal had taken us to some hills on the northern outskirts of town

Halim's portal had taken us to some hills on the northern outskirts of town. I had wanted to go home, but after catching a glimpse of the town I called home, I knew why he hadn't teleported us there. The entire village was covered in a massive glacier. The residents who had also gathered in the hills stared in awe and fear at the destruction.

"This ice, it feels familiar, doesn't it?" Eiichi asked, walking up to me.

I turned around and nodded. "Yes." I clenched my hands into fists. "It reminds me of that rotten fox's ice."

Eiichi crossed his arms. "Indeed."

"Brother?" a voice called out.

The two of us turned around and saw a bloodied Eita.

"What happened to you?" Eiichi yelled.

Eita wobbled, almost falling over.

Eiichi grabbed his brother's left arm and wrapped it around his shoulder. "Easy there. Don't push yourself."

"Ignore me. You need to go inside there. A man in a fox mask seeks to free Roa."

My eyes widened. "Free Roa? Then, is this person that fox?" Without trying to, my aura activated, nearly hitting Eiichi.

"Calm down!" Eiichi yelled.

I bit my lip. It was odd to have our roles reversed.

"How do you expect me to calm down when it could be the fox that took Dan away? Huh?" I asked

"L-listen to him, brother," Camila called out. I turned toward my right and saw my younger sister. Accompanying her were Naoru, and three of my original team members.

I dispersed the aura. "Cami..." I said as my eyes became misty. I ran over and wrapped my arms around her. "I'm so glad that you're okay!"

"Same!" she cried out, embracing me tighter. She gasped and let go of me, running over to someone else. "Dan?"

I turned around and watched as she hugged my guardian angel.

"Dan! I missed you so much!"

"U-unhand me! I'm not Dante," he said, annoyed.

I smiled bittersweetly. "You did just stutter like him, though."

Cami gasped. "You're not Dan? But you look just like him. Wait, your voice... are you Sy? B-but I thought that you went with Ki and the others."

"He's neither of our brothers. He looks like Dan and talks like Silas due to their influence on him."

She gave me a confused look. "I-influence?"

"Yeah. Those close to us influence how our angels look and even behave. I bet he even has some of your traits."

She glanced back at my angel. "M-me? B-but I have no good traits."