Episode 63: Visitors

*Anis*

I stared out of my bedroom window. It wasn't that long ago that I threw Tekeshi out of it for being such a flirt.

I laughed. If only I could go back to that day. I rubbed my stomach. This child, like Tetsu, might never get the chance to grow up with its father.

I wiped the tears starting to form. Come on, Anis. Just because his favorite constellation is gone, it doesn't mean that he is.

Though, Ximena had contacted me the other day to confirm that he never returned from a confrontation with Aster. Had he gotten lost in that world of darkness? Or maybe injured? Or was it something far worse?

I gulped and shook my head. I had to go to something. Being left alone with my thoughts wasn't good for me.

Suddenly, the crystal I was holding on my right hand glowed.

"Anis, are you there?" a voice called out. It belonged to my cousin Osamu.

"What do you want, Perv?"

"Will you stop calling me that alright? That was years ago!"

"No, I like calling you that," I said, laughing.

He sighed. "Whatever. I'm contacting you as I wanted to know how things are over there."

"Everything appears to be fine. I've been in contact with Miyuki and the others. Nothing unordinary has been going on. Well, except for here."

"Hmm? What happened there?"

My hands started shaking. "Well, you see, several stars vanished last night. Including Tekeshi's favorite constellation."

"They vanished overnight? Then the council of astronomy should know something about it or are at least investigating. I'll have one of the others get in contact with them."

"You can't?"

"No. Didn't Tekeshi tell you that these crystals only work once a day?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm starting to remember now."

Osamu sighed. "You can still be such a bird brain."

"S-shut up, stupid!"

"And childish."

I grumbled. "So, why did you call me out of everyone?"

"I... Well, first, are you sitting down?"

"Yeah, I am." I bit my lip. "It's something about Shi, isn't it?"

"Yes. Earlier today, Serrano contacted me using Nori's crystal. He told me that Hanketsu and Aventine informed them that Tekeshi is currently captured."

I stood up. "Captured? So he's not dead?" I asked, grinning.

"Nope. Though, I figured that guy wouldn't die so easily. I swear, he has nine lives."

I laughed. "Yeah."

Osamu made what sounded like a chuckle. "You're taking it a lot better than I thought."

"Well, it's better that he's alive. There's hope he'll come back to me, to us."

"Thing is that we have no idea where to begin to look. Plus, right now, an attack on the abyss would be difficult to muster. Our forces and allies are focused on defending Xeleria and Zionia."

I sighed. "True. We got no one to spare for the rescue, do we?"

"Not yet. We'll need to rout the enemy in the upcoming battle. That's if they show up. I'm beginning to dread that they might've gone to Zionia instead. I heard a similar celestial phenomenon as the one you witnessed happened before the abysmals appeared in Xeleria."