Special: Hyo turns Seven

*Sebastian*

I creaked the door to the library open and peered in. Hyosetsu was happily reading out loud in one seat while Kohri sat on the other.

I snickered and closed the door. It seemed that I didn't have to come up with any further distractions. I glanced up as Miyuki walked down the stairs.

"Are they still reading?"

"Yeah. Hyo's reading to Kohri."

Miyuki appeared beside me in the blink of an eye. "Let me see!" She pushed the door open. Her lips curved into a smile. One could hear Kohri giggle as Hyo got very deep into the role of one of the characters. Though, he seamlessly transitioned into another character, this time a villain.

That kid had a potential career as a voice actor.

"Is Hyo's gift ready?" Miyuki asked, glancing back at me.

I winked. "I just need to finish putting the finishing touches on it."

My wife closed the door with her back. "Please be sure to complete it on time. I rather avoid having him think we did not get him a gift."

I put a hand on my hip and smiled. "You worry too much, Miyu."

She crossed her arms and gave me a cold look. "There's a reason for it, Bastion."

I sighed. "Alright, I'll go get it done now." I smiled. "Say, if you aren't too busy overseeing the party preparations, how about you accompany me? Maybe you can give me some last-minute input."

She pressed a hand against her chin. "I thought that my previous input was enough, though I do not mind overseeing its completion. Fortunately, everything is coming along well in regards to the festivities, so I got time to spare."

I grabbed her hand. "Then what are we waiting here for? Let's go!"

*Hyosetsu*

"Let's go!" a voice echoed outside of the library.

"Papa?" Kohri said, turning away. He jumped off of his seat and waddled toward the door. "Papa?"

"I'll go look! You sit down," I said, patting his fluffy red-hair.

"Okay," he said, spinning on his heels. He plopped back on his seat and picked up the book I was reading. Hopefully, he wouldn't play with its pages like he had done with another.

I sped toward the door to see what Dad was up to, but found no one outside. I turned my head left and spotted what looked to be my dad and mom.

Where are those two off to? Should I follow? No, it's best I don't. I can't leave Kohri alone, and if I take him with me, he will likely give me away.

I laughed.

I bet it's related to my birthday anyway, so it's probably best that I play dumb.

"Bro?" Kohri said, looking back at me from several meters away.

"I'm coming!" I said, rushing back over. Once I returned, I grabbed the book and opened it back up to where I had left off. Thankfully, this time he didn't crinkle the page, nor did he drool on them.

"Storytime!"

I patted my little brother's head. "Yeah. Okay, here goes..."

*Sebastian*

Miyuki and I headed straight for the basement of the palace, which also happened to be my smithy. The smoke would go a very long chimney and exit out from on top of the palace. Miyuki had it installed for me as a gift for our first anniversary of marriage. I sure was lucky to have a pretty, smart, and kind woman as a wife. Though our relationship did have a rocky start.