Special: Eii Turns Eight

*Eiji*

"Eiji, did you have the royal mailers send out all the invitations for tonight's event?" Eiko asked as she fixed her hair.

I leaned back on the bed and sighed. "Yes, now let me continue reading."

My wife let out what sounded like a primal roar. Her hand dashed for the magazine in my hands but I rolled out of the way. She continued to follow after me as I moved around her.

She took a deep breath. "You should care a bit more about our oldest son's birthday. He turns eight today, you know?"

I moved my neck left and right. "What about it? Both of us turned eight at some point too. It's not even a milestone birthday like turning ten, seventeen, or twenty-one are."

"For me every one of his birthdays are a milestone! You know, sometimes I feel that you don't even love him. His tutor treats him more like a son than you do, and he's too young to be a father."

I put down the magazine in the bed and stared at my wife. She only had on a white bath towel.

"He isn't so fond of me either."

"That's because you've never tried approaching him!" she said, leering at me.

I sighed and stood up. "Alright, I'll try to get closer to the kid."

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. "Thanks, Ei!" Eiko said, pressing her face against my back.

I cleared my throat. "No need to thank me. The kid is my son after all."

She ran her right hand up my abdomen, pulling my shirt up a bit. "Still, it means a lot."

I averted my eyes. "Well, anything to get you off my case."

She let go of me and kicked me on the back. "Why can't you be a little more sensitive? You jerk!"

I turned around and smiled. "There, now that's the Eiko I know!"

She gritted her teeth and readjusted her towel. "Out!"

I nodded. "Okay, I'll get going now. By the way, try to fix your hair again, you messed it up just now when you kicked me."

She glanced up and noticed a strand of hair sticking out. Rapidly, she patted it down. "I'm not done yet. Now go for real or I'll deliver another kick!"

"Got it, babe!" I said as I opened the door and walked out of our love chamber.

"Don't call me that!" she snapped, throwing a bottle of mousse at me. Luckily, I managed to close the door quick enough to avoid it.

I snickered. "It might be a good idea to get the hairstylists to help you. They would likely tell you how to properly use hair care products."

"Go to Cianio!" she snapped, kicking the now closed-door.

I chuckled. "Just some advice, dear!"

I rushed out of the hall rapidly, dodging past all of the maids as they dashed about the palace in preparation for the Eii's big day.

"Do you know where Eiichi is?" I asked, but not pausing long enough to hear their responses. Well, I was likely moving too fast for them to even get to hear me before I was already long gone.

At last, in my aimless running, I came upon a partially opened door. I peered into it and saw my oldest boy reading a book. He never read whenever I asked him...

Seated next to him was a young man. His name was Shun Wei, a mage at one of Leiji's most prestigious high schools, Shandi Academi. Leiji was the Xelerian nation with the most extensive knowledge of lightning magic. That was why we decided to hire Shun who happened to be one of its top three students.