Episode 65: Mysteries of our Fathers

As soon as Teresa and the others were gone, I returned to training in the now empty field the kids had used as a soccer field

I kicked the air, creating a slight gust as my right leg cut through it.

"Neat moves," a voice called out.

I looked over my shoulder and saw the white-haired boy, Alex. Seated beside him in the grass was Nat.

"Hey," I said, turning around. "Need something?"

He shook his head. "Nope. Just watching you fight," he said with a wide smile.

"You look really cool!" Nat said.

I laughed even as my ears warmed up. "You think so?"

Both boys nodded.

I beamed. Maybe the kids saw me how I saw my favorite boxers in the manga that had inspired me.

"Would you two like for me to show you some moves?" I asked.

"Yeah!" they said in unison.

I smiled as I backed away from them. What I was about to do required a decent amount of distance. "Alright. Watch closely. Let me know if you wish for me to slow down."

"Okay," Nat said with a broad smile.

I pulled my right arm back and dashed forward before delivering a swift jab and then turning around and throwing another with my left fist.

The two boys stared at me in awe as a fierce wind threatened to blow them away. Maybe I should've put less strength into my punches, or at least moved further away from them.

"Are you alright?" I asked, rushing over to them.

"Yeah," Alex said, removing some grass leaves from his forehead.

"That was cool!" Nat said, jumping to his feet.

"Though it was too fast for me," Alex said.

"Want me to do it again?" I asked, jumping back.

"Sure!" Nat said.

"What are you guys up to?" Amun asked as she walked over to us.

"The mister was showing us his moves!" Nat said, pointing at me.

"Call me 'Nico'," I said.

Amun smiled. "Anyway, Mom sent me here to tell you two that we're going to go have a picnic."

"Okay!" Nat said, running on ahead.

"Wait for me!" Alex yelled, running after his little brother.

"Want me to help set things up?" I asked.

"You can go and set the table," Anis said as she walked out of the house with her sister. "We plan to dine on the hill where you met the Celestial Queen."