Episode 68: The Red-haired Boy

I found myself staring at a vending machine outside of the police station

I found myself staring at a vending machine outside of the police station. It hadn't taken all that long for us to find it. It was actually located in the center of town. Good thing too, as I probably wouldn't have made it over to the other side.

"You can get a drink if you'll like," Onami said as she walked passed me. "I'll go report to the cops."

"Wait, I should go with you. They'll probably need my testimony too," I said, reaching a hand out toward her after getting my drink. "Also, here you go."

Onami stared at the extra bottle of cherry cola I held. She smiled and took it from me. "Thanks."

"You've ever had cherry cola before?" I asked as we entered the station.

"I had a sip of one before. Nori really likes this stuff." She lowered her eyes. "I still need to save him and my sister."

"We'll find them," I said. "Like I said before, I'm sure we can get Dad to help out! He has connections!"

I smiled. "Thanks so much, Nao."

I grinned and laughed. "You're welcome."

The two of us walked over to the counter, where a skinny cop in white robes waited. He seemed nearly asleep as his eyes kept closing. Whenever he opened them, he would shake his head as if to snap out of his fatigue.

"Hello," Onami said, smiling at him.

"What's wrong kids? Lost your parents?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.

Onami nodded. "Yeah, my parents died some time ago."

The man frowned. "Poor girl. Well then, what brings you, kids, here today?"

"We were kidnapped and driven to this desert. We managed to escape," I said.

The cop's eyes widened. "A kidnapping? Where were you taken from, and how did the kidnappers look?"

"We were taken from Kaguya."

"Kaguya? The capital of Kuroriku? That's a great distance away."

"Where are we?" I asked.

"This is Saladit."

Then that meant that we were no longer in the continent of Danketsu, but in Jamilla.

I smiled. "Oh, then we're just south of Kuroriku then."

Except, this is the center of Saladit. It'll take several days to get back to Kaguya."

"Don't you have an airport nearby?"

"The closest city with one is a day away from here if you travel by vehicle."

We would need to find a way to get a ride. Sadly, I didn't have enough money on me to pay a taxi to drive us even to the border with Kuroriku.

"So, mind sharing the description of your kidnappers?"