Episode 38: Icy Comet

*Onami*

Mr. Itou snickered. "Master didn't tell me about this," he said, his eyes glistening.

I narrowed my eyes at him. Mr. Itou has always been a suspicious guy, but the man in front of me...

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Ahh, it appears that you discovered my secret," 'Mr. Itou' said as his body began to distort. Burning black coals appeared underneath his feet as he transformed into a lanky black-haired boy with red eyes. "My name is Camio, a Great President of Cianio."

A Great President of Cianio? Then he was a leader of the legions of Cianio. While 'Great President' might not be the highest title, it was still something.

"What is a demon like you doing here?" Kohri asked, glaring at him.

"Ask questions later," I said as I jumped out of my barrier. I held my foot out, aiming for the Camio's chest. He side-stepped out of the way.

"My, are you eager to fight." He smirked. "Why do I feel that you're in a rush? Does this power of yours have a time limit?"

I vanished and reappeared behind him, aiming for his left arm. He smirked and blocked it, though, his smirk soon vanished as his hand made a creaking sound.

He gasped and jumped aside. His crimson eyes widened at the sight of his bleeding arm. He glanced back at me. "Incredible..."

"I'm not finished yet!" I screamed, rushing at him.

He held his hand out, catching my foot. "Tell me how you gained this power," he said. His wide eyes creeped me out as if he were trying to peer through me.

"Let go!" I yelled, kicking him with my other foot as my hands touched the ground. I raised the foot he was holding up, lifting him off of the ground.

He let go and warped behind me. "Give it to me."

I formed a barrier of light behind me. "I won't ever hand over these secrets to you."

He tapped the barrier with his arm three times, causing cracks to appear on it. "Then, you force me to do this the hard way." He jumped back and stretched out a pair of black, bat-like wings. A massive amount of dark energy started to accumulate all around him. "Second Hell!"

I held my hand out and formed a set of seven barriers around Kohri, Yuko, and the others and then another set for myself.

Camio rose his head and let out a primal growl, causing a wave of dark energy to travel across the forest, destroying whatever it made contact with.

Thankfully, my multi-fold barriers managed to shield my sister, my boyfriend, and the others. Unfortunately, trying to hold the barriers together was draining. It wouldn't surprise me if he had just cut into my time.

Once the dust cleared, Camio stood in the middle of a crater, surrounded by a dark-red-aura. A small pair of demon wings had grown beneath his original pair. Also, on his forehead was a pair of red horns.

Camio turned his head toward me and then vanished.

I held my hands outward, reinforcing the barrier around me as well as those around my sister and friends.

The demon kicked my barrier, cracking half of it, but it the pieces remained in place. He vanished from view against and kicked the other half, which again, managed to resist his attack.

He smiled. "Not bad. Now, to see if it can take another!" He vanished again and reappeared overhead.

"Freezing Strike!" Kohri screamed. A wave of freezing air roared above me, freezing the top of the barrier and forcing Camio to use his wings to pull himself up to avoid touching the ice.