Episode 27: The One Missing

*Takuya*

I gazed up at the starry sky as the stars flashed past me like part of a meteor shower. We were on a train from Nine Petal Academy Island to the capital of Mina where we would be teleported to Wahkan usin' their teleportation crystal.

I felt a disturbance coming from the direction of the island, as if the space over it were being distorted and gradually expanding over to where we were.

"Are you alright?" a familiar voice called out.

"Pa!" I shouted. My face flushed as I saw that it wasn't him. It was the spiky blue haired young man who had defeated Akari's cousin durin' the Mahoulympics. Eri I think it was.

"Ohh, it's you," I said.

Eri walked over to the rail and stared outside of the spherical dome, watchin' as we sped past dense forest.

"Your father was the one who created that shield, right? The one Tetsu uses," he asked, keepin' his eyes on the forest.

I nodded. "Yeah... he seems to have been workin' on them all this time." At least that's what ma told me. That's why he left us all those years ago.

Eri glanced back, his ocean blue eyes lookin' at me with curiosity. "He was commissioned by Queen Saya to create the weapons, but I can't help but wonder why he was chosen out of all the blacksmiths in your universe."

***

[Years Ago-- Anis' household]

"Hey, Tetsu, don't go there!" I screamed, rushin' after my barefoot, gigglin' little brother. How a chubby three-year-old could move so fast was amazin'!

Tetsu pushed the half-closed door and entered Pa's study which laid at the end of the hall. Ma and Pa had told the three of us not ever to enter. Yet, little Tetsu wouldn't listen!

Tetsu stopped. His beady, golden eyes widened as they took in everythin'. Spread throughout the oil-lamp lit room were a multitude of books. They all appeared ancient, but that could've just have been due to the way they were handled. Though I doubted that was it, Father always took good care of his stuff, especially books.

The guy was such a history nerd... just like me.

"Got you!" I said, huggin' Tetsuya from behind. "Now come, before Pa and Ma find out."

"Wahhh," the kid cried, kickin' me with the back of his foot.

I let go of him and rubbed my leg. "Ouch. Why did ya do that?"

Tetsuya ran on ahead and climbed on top of a nearby chair. He pulled down somethin'. It was a green sphere as shiny as one of the marbles Teresa enjoyed playin' with. Only difference was its size, this marble was as big as the basketball that Tetsuya loved to dribble around.

My lil bro giggled again and jumped down. "Mine!" he said, rushin' off under the tables.

"Hey, Tetsu!" I screamed, chasin' off after him. Suddenly, my attention turned toward the door as it creaked open. In came Teresa whose face was devoid of color despite havin' ran here.

"Found them! They're here!" Teresa yelled, stumblin' into the room

"What are you doin' here?" a kind but stern pair of voices cried out. Standin' behind Teresa were our parents.

Ma was wearin' a long purple dress which matched her eyes while Pa wore a black tuxedo with an orange tie. I had no idea where they had gotten such clothes as we were rather poor. They must've been from when they were younger, back when they were better off.