Episode 72: Diamond Sword versus Heart Shield

Kaliq raised his wooden staff, and all of a sudden, we were covered in silver light

Kaliq raised his wooden staff, and all of a sudden, we were covered in silver light. The next thing we knew, we were standing underneath a glass dome in what looked to be a colosseum.

"Like it?" Kaliq asked, smiling. "Takeshi prepared this room for this occasion."

"My Dad came here?" I asked.

"Yes. He came here years ago with the current king of Kuroriku. My wife was the one who brought them here. Even though I had my doubts about training them at first, I'm glad that I did. Especially given Zionia's current situation."

Unfortunately, only one of them is left now to aid us.

"Did Dad and Takeshi go through this training regimen too? Or was it different for them?" Setsuko asked.

"Those two had different strengths and weaknesses from you five," Kaliq said. "That said, Tekeshi's training was similar to Hyosetsu's. He sought to strengthen his transformations. He managed to achieve Third Heaven in the end."

Wonder if I should've worked on trying to ascend to Third Heaven too. I shook my head. No, I'm not my dad. I should be glad that I took a different path from him.

"And my dad?" Setsuko asked.

"He worked on making his base form stronger, much like Tetsuya over there."

I sighed. Why did my training have to resemble the king's?

"Hurry up and start already," Hideo said.

He's probably anxious to return to Zionia.

"Alright," I said, flying over to the right side of the battlefield below.

Hyosetsu air-dashed over to the opposite side.

"Both of you are allowed to use your full power here," Halim yelled.

Hyosetsu smirked at me. "Hear that? At last, we can fight for real."

I transformed my bracelet into its shield form. "Yeah!" I said, grinning. "Let's do this."

Hyosetsu transformed his own bracelet into its sword form, but this time it was different. Instead of a black broadsword, he held a black katana with various diamond crests across the hilt, which was as white as snow. He held out his right hand and summoned another sword. The second sword had a slightly smaller blade, making it a wakizashi.

I smiled. "So, you got a new form for Baldo," I said as I transformed Agnes into its heart-shield form. I'd managed to turn it into that form at will now.

Hyosetsu narrowed his eyes at my shield. "That form, huh?"

I stared at it. It likely reminded him of what had happened to Rosa. And while the same went for me, this shield also represented something else. It was a symbol of the bond between the princess and me.