Episode 71: Final Trials

[Meanwhile, in Munill]

After I had woken up from my dream, I returned to training with the others and told them what I had learned from Serrano, Aventine, and Hanketsu. Since then, what felt like days had passed in this realm. It was still hard to believe this was our third day here.

"Think that everything is going well back home?" Hideo asked, glancing at the small village outside of the tower. We had decided to come here for our break.

I put down my box of juice.

"I'm not sure, but I like to think that they are," I said. I reached into the pocket of my jeans and took out my crystal. It had already charged enough for another call.

Hideo gulped. "Lately, I've gotten a bad vibe as if something is going on back home."

"Then you should give your family a call," Hyosetsu said as he walked over to us. He had changed into a blue robe like the kind that Kasai no Ki warriors used to wear in the past. I wondered if he was part Kasai no Ki too. His brother did have red hair, after all.

Hideo took out his stone. "I called Kiara awhile ago. She said that she was gathering ingredients to heal Roa." He sighed. "I don't know why they're worried about them. They're prisoners, not allies."

"Roa is sick?" I asked.

"Worried about him?" Setsuko asked. "Not that I'm surprised. He is your cousin, after all."

"Eh, I don't really consider him as my cousin." Not after that stunt that he attempted. In case you forget, he tried to get me to turn on Serra. Etsuo, on the other hand, I did consider my cousin. "I'm just surprised to hear that he's sick. I mean, are they sure that it isn't a trap?"

"I wondered the same thing," Hideo said. "But Kiara says it's not. Crystals have appeared on his arm. It seems that it's connected to the wounds he sustained from jerknight. They messed up his body."

"Jerknight?" Eiichi asked, confused.

I snickered. It was funny to see him react to the nickname Rosa gave him.

"I mean Naoru, not you," Hideo said.

"Right, that guy."

Setsuko sighed. "Naoru might've gone a little too far. He has always been rather extreme in his approaches. In a way, he's sort of like my three predecessors."

Hyosetsu snickered. "Predecessors? You aren't the ruler of Kuroriku just yet."

"I know, but I'll eventually be." She averted her gaze. "Hopefully not for several more years."

"Do you have a bad feeling about your dad's group too?" Hideo asked.

I didn't care if something terrible happened to Osamu, but I prayed that Rosa and the others were fine. Then again, if something did happen to the king, Rosa would probably be sad. Her father and Setsuko were the only immediate family she had left.