Episode 93: Song of Divine Wrath

I placed a hand on my chest

I placed a hand on my chest. "So what you're saying is that my past life's evil side wishes to absorb me?" I said.

Reginald nodded. "Yes. Margaret must've told him about your revival. With the rosary in his possession, he only needs to obtain you. That's why Serrano is here. He agreed to protect you."

"Protect me?" I glanced up at my older brother.

He smiled and patted my head. "Yeah. I should've all of those years ago. This time, I won't let anything bad happen to you."

I smiled. "No need to take on all of the pressure. I can protect myself too!"

He laughed. "Yeah. You did quite the number on me back in Nine Petal Island."

"So that's what that place was called."

"We should get you checked up, Conrad. Who knows what the demon having your rosary can do," Rocio said.

Serrano curled his hands into fists. "I'm sorry, brother. Tetsu and I failed to protect it."

"Don't blame yourself, kid. We can retrieve it," Skah smiling.

Serrano smiled back. "You really are more like Etsuo than your son."

Uncle Skah glanced at his son's core. "I get that a lot." He held out his hand and patted his son's core. "My pegasus might be a little wild, but I still wouldn't trade him."

"Reminds me a bit of our wild big sister," Aunt Rocio said, smiling.

Mom laughed. "I miss those days..."

Serrano said that Mommy used to be very cheerful and playful. If only I could meet that side of Mommy.

Aunt Rocio snapped her fingers. The next thing I knew, we were standing in the middle of a lab. It lacked the pods of Aster's room, but it certainly had its own charm. Spread throughout several tables were various flasks with unknown liquids. Some of them even had solids inside of them.

"Oh, you made it back! How did the mission go?" Uncle Woolsey asked as he stood by a giant test tube. Standing beside him was a girl with purplish-pink hair.

"Plum!" I said, running over to her.

"Con-con!" Plum yelled. She jumped and tackled me to the ground. "You're alright! I thought that you had died!"

"Seriously, Plum. You would've known that Dad revived him if you had attended our meetings," Rocio said.

Plum stood up. "Oh..." She frowned. "So, you did die..."

I pushed myself up from the black floor. "Yeah, but I'm alright now. I know that I'm technically a zombie, but I feel better than I did while alive."

I bit my lip as I noticed Mom winced at my remark.

"That's great to hear," Big bro said, patting my head from behind.

I smiled as he messed up my hair, though it was already pretty unruly. Maybe some gel would help it flatten it whenever I wasn't wearing my helmet. Aster had given me some. Come to think of it, where had she gone? Why wasn't she here?