Episode 24: Weak

Ximena and I had closed our eyes to see if we could pick up on the mysterious boy's mana, but our search only led us back to where we had departed, the mountain

Standing in the center of the dorms, surrounded by beings of darkness was the Rabbit Pillar of Destruction and Darkness, Calamity. His hands were pressed against the ground, drawing up black blobs from it as if the abysmals were oil that had long been sealed beneath the rocks.

He raised his head and raised his hand upward. The beings of shadow surrounding him took on the shape of rabbits and darted toward us.

"Olivine and I will take care of them," Ximena said, scattering vines in various directions. "Meanwhile, retrieve the boy."

I smiled. "Thanks, Xime," I said. I held out Aventine, slashing the beings that came near me as I descended.

The boy sighed. "I warned you, didn't I?" he said, keeping his position. "Calamity Guards, destroy him."

"Wait, I want to speak to you!" I yelled, slashing the incoming rabbit abysmals. The creatures unleashed a series of punches, causing the air around us to bend strangely.

"I won't fall for your tricks again," he said, once more refusing to look up at me.

"Please! Conrad!" I yelled, putting a hand on my chest plate. "Please listen to what I got to say!"

He gasped and glanced up at me. "W-who are you?"

I reached for my helmet, but one of the creatures grabbed a hold of my arm before I could remove it.

"Let go of me!" I yelled, slashing the creatures. Their bodies rapidly healed. Even if I slashed them right in the center, there was no core to be found. Were they Umbra? "Please, recall them!"

"No. I don't trust you," he snapped. "Now go!"

I took a deep breath. "You weren't ever this way when we were kids."

He stood up. "When we were kids?"

I closed my eyes. "Yuki!" I yelled. I slashed the air, obliterating all of the umbra in a single strike.

"That weapon... that's... my brother's! Why do you have my brother's sword?" he yelled, jumping at me. "What did you do to Serra?"

I snickered and removed my helmet. "Nothing."

He backed away. "B-brother?"

He curled his hands into fists. "Is this another trick?"

"No. I really am him," I said, reaching a hand out for him.

"Hands off," a voice called out. A hand grabbed a hold of my arm. It was Aster. "Conrad is with us."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Why is he with you?"

She held out a hand for him. "Your mother and you are partially to blame."

I pulled my arm free from her grip. "That's..." I lowered my head. "True, but..."