Episode 31: Yuko's Determination

*Yuko*

Yuko raised her head and wiped the blood that was trickling down the sides of her mouth. She grunted as Shiomi Fujiwara came in for another strike. As fast as she could, Yuko raised her arms over her head to shield from the incoming razor wind.

A stinging sensation ran up Yuko's arms as the wind sliced the sleeves of her white blouse and the skin beneath it. Blood splattered across the white cloth and continued to pool around her. Even with her rapid regeneration, the razor wind proved too much.

"Yuko!" a voice echoed in Yuko's head. It was Master's.

Yuko glanced around but didn't see him anywhere. "Master?"

Yuko gasped as a punch landed on her stomach. When had Shiomi moved toward Yuko? She was several feet away until now, Yuko was sure of it.

"Pay attention!" Shiomi growled.

Yuko clumped to the floor, hugging her stomach, and coughed out more clumps of blood mixed in with vile.

Shiomi scrunched up her nose. "Tsk, you claim to be a 'pure-blooded' Kyuu Hyakuian, yet you are weaker than the mutts I've met," the weasel eye girl said, glaring at me. "What a disgrace. I was looking forward to a proper challenge."

"Yuko!" Master's voice echoed once more.

Master Tetsu... Yuko knows she promised to take it easy, but she needs to get stronger quickly. For Tetsu's sake, so that he can clear his name and be happy again. To return to that kind and gentle young man Yuko met long ago.

Yuko grunted as she pushed herself up once more. "Y-Yuko's not done yet," she said, curling her blood covered hands into fists.

Shiomi shook her head in disbelief. "You aren't giving up? Honestly, you must have a death wish." She turned her back to Yuko and walked away.

"No! Don't go!" Yuko yelled, stumbling forward. "Yu-Yuko can still fight!" She ran up to Shiomi, but a gust of wind blew her away.

Yuko grunted as her back stuck the gym floor. Her entire body ached. She gasped as the lights overhead turned hazy. Yu closed her eyes and pressed her hands against the ground. "Pl-please don't... go," she said, reaching a hand toward the weasel-eyed girl as she opened a blue door.

Shiomi let out a disgruntled sigh and closed the door behind her.

"C-come... back..."

"Sis, stop!" Yuko's big sister yelled from the balcony.

Nori jumped down from the balcony and landed on all fours. He raised himself off the floor and ran over. Yuko's best friend put his hands on her shoulders and looked at her in the eyes. "Yuko, listen to your big sis, Yu can't continue like this. Nori doesn't want Yu to die."

"Thanks, Nori," Yuko's sister said, staring at us from afar. Her eyes were wet.

Yuko pressed her head against Nori's chest. "Yu...Yuko's sorry." Hot tears rolled down her face. "She's... still too weak."

Nori hugged her tightly. "Yu isn't weak! Yu is awesome," he said as he tried his best to close Yuko's wounds.

"That truly was pathetic," Mr. Obi said he looked down at us. He stood on the opposite side from Yuko's big sister. He gave Yuko a vibe similar to that of Master's father. No, his aura was crueler than even Yuko's old master.

"Guys, lady Saya has awakened!" Koukyuu yelled as she slammed the door opened.

Nori smiled at me. "Let's go see her!"