Episode 87: The Lightning King vs The Monkey King

I stared at the king of Kuroriku as he remained as still as a stone

I stared at the king of Kuroriku as he remained as still as a stone. His face was oddly calm for a guy who had just lost all of his senses.

I cupped my hands together and formed a green fireball. I tended to prefer using my martial arts in battle, but when it came to killing my opponents, fire was the way to go. It simply left behind less of a mess.

"I'll be taking Shiva from you," I said as I launched the fireball. As soon as it came within Osamu's range, a large cloud of green smoke exploded outward.

Did I get him?

"What was with that attack?" a voice called out. It didn't belong to Osamu.

I laughed as I stared at the golden light radiating from within the smoke. The golden armored Seven Hill that I had fought in Grand Crater floated where Osamu once was.

"So, it's you. I didn't expect you Hills were here. I'd heard that you were protecting the palace."

The dark-skinned Seven Hill raised an eyebrow. "You did? From who?"

I shrugged. "I'm not sure. It came from a third source. Even if I did, I wouldn't reveal our informants to you."

"Fair enough. We'll just need to root out the rats!"

I snickered. "My wife is the Rat Pillar, not me."

He laughed drily. "Very funny," he said as electricity charged at the tip of his shepherd's hook.

My smile gradually faded. "Where did you take your king?" I asked.

The knight laughed. "Worried? I just took Bug-Eyes someplace where he wouldn't get in my way." He spun his weapon around. "Now, let's have our rematch, Monkey King!"

I spun my crimson staff. I could've used my ability on the knight, but entertaining him for a while wouldn't hurt. "Fine, but hope that you don't go down as easily as last time."

I gasped as my senses suddenly returned, knocking me to floor

I gasped as my senses suddenly returned, knocking me to floor. My eyes widened at the sight of white marble. Something about it felt familiar.

"Hey," a voice called out. Standing in front of me was Miyuki with a hand outstretched.