Special: Setty Turns Seven

*Sofia*

"A little more toward the right," I said as I continued to look at the list in my hands.

"Is this fine?" the worker asked as he and his companions put down a giant bouncing house.

I smiled. "Yes."

"Finally," he muttered.

I glanced around at the backyard; I had designated seven sections, each with a different activity. Various inflatable houses and castles filled this section. Meanwhile, multiple empty tables filled the northern part of the garden.

"Are the party favors not done yet?" I asked as I approached one of the maids.

"No, Queen Sofia," Natasha said. "I will go tell the chefs to hurry up."

"Thanks, dear," I said.

She bowed her head and rushed away.

My eyes shifted toward my silver watch. It was about to be five. At this rate, Setsuko might start to suspect something is amiss if she hasn't already.

Thankfully, she had her little sister to distract her.

"Seems things are coming along nicely," a voice called out.

I spun on my heels and was met with a smiling Osamu.

"Not as well as you might think. The food is behind schedule. The guests will start to arrive soon, and I've yet to get Setsuko to change into the dress I bought her."

Osamu covered his mouth and snickered. "Good luck with that. You know that Setty hates dresses."

I sighed. He had a point there. Perhaps I should've gotten Setty something more her style. I still had twenty-eight minutes left until the event began. Maybe I could still arrange something else for her to wear.

I gasped as a hand touched my shoulder. "Relax. It'll be a great party."

I looked at his reassuring smile. How could he be so sure of that?

"Hope you're right. This is Setty's seventh birthday. It has to be perfect."

"Worrying won't help. How about you go and see the birthday girl and make sure she isn't sneaking around," my husband said with a whimsical smile.

I glanced around the garden. His words hinted at something.

"Setsuko? Are you there?" I called out.

"Goo!" a reply came.

"No, Rosa!" a voice called out.

I caught sight of my little girl being pulled behind a bush.

Osamu laughed. "I knew something was off when I passed by their room."

I sighed. Why couldn't Setsuko stay still? Though, surely she was asking that same question about her baby sister right about now.

"They both take after their mother," Osamu said as he slipped his hands into the pockets of his black pants.

I pouted. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're always rushing from place to place. Plus, you were a rather curious girl." He chuckled. "No, that's not right. You still are!"

I turned away. "Well, it's a good thing for a child to have!"

"You said it, a 'child'."

I grumbled. "Are you implying I act childish, mister?" I asked, pointing my pen at his neck.