Episode 30: A Knight's Shield

[Munil- Tower]

[Munil- Tower]

What felt like months had passed by in this white world. All five of us were steadily growing with each passing 'day'.

The five of us returned to our meeting as the 'day' came to an end. Well, what felt like a day. The lack of day and night made it hard to tell. Thankfully, Halim had given us a 'Munil clock', a silver stone which had light which spun around its surface like the small hand on a clock. According to the arch-angel, the movement of the light aligned with what felt like a twenty-four-hour day here.

Wonder what would happen if we took one to our world or any of the others which had natural light instead of the odd pseudo-light phenomena called 'nilight' this place had.

"What's on tomorrow's schedule?" I asked as we sat around our meeting room.

"Thought you would know; you have been the one who has been making it as you go," Hyosetsu said, leering at me.

I snickered. "True. Hmm, I think that for today we should work on helping you three men develop some more physical strength. That way, you'll be able to carry your G.E.A.R transformations with ease."

Hideo took a deep breath and sighed. "Isn't the training we've been doing enough?"

"As long as I don't have to sweat too much, I'm fine," Eiichi said.

Hyosetsu sighed. "You two need to become more serious about your training."

"Yeah," Setsuko said, snickering. "We should make them run a few laps around this floor for complaining."

"Hey, I didn't complain! Only Hideo did!" Eiichi snapped.

Hideo grumbled. "Way to throw me under the bus to save yourself..."

I lowered my eyes toward the table. My body grew tense, as if something bad were happening. I jumped out of my seat and peered out of the room. There was no one there.

I walked out of the room and looked out of the crystalline windows into the snow-white world outside. I couldn't see, nor sense anyone else nearby. Yet, the pang in my chest continued to increase.

"Is something the matter?" Setsuko asked as she walked out of our meeting room.

"I... feel worry," I responded.

"Worry?"

I laughed dryly. "Yeah. For a moment, I thought there was an enemy nearby."

"As did I," she responded, averting her gaze. "I thought it might be coming from that arch-demoness that hangs around Eiichi, but I don't sense her stirring. Say, do you think that something might've happened to Serra, or the others?"

I bit my lip. Honestly, that was one of the first things that came to mind.

"Maybe, but I'm sure that he and the others will be fine! My cousin is strong! Plus, he has Xime, Yuko, Rosa, Kohri, and the rest to back him up!"