Episode 45: Strong Spirit

"I summon Solar Maid: Ama!" I yelled, setting down the card I had just drawn

Skah smiled. "That card again."

Had Dan used it too? She and Solar King Leo are a good pair, so it makes sense he would.

Though, I didn't like how he seemed able to look into my strategy. It felt as if I were being led into a trap.

"Woah, you two go hard," Kohri said.

We glanced up and saw Ximena descend from the sky with him, Nori, Onami, and Yuko. Xime continued to hold Serrano in her arms.

I chuckled. "You took a while! But at least you made it in time to see the end!"

"Someone is getting cocky," Skah said, grinning.

I shook my head. "I didn't mean it that way. I know this duel can go either way. This turn may even decide its outcome, but I'm ready to face you head-on. With the cards in my hand, I will carve my future! Leo, attack his Crow of Dusk!"

Skah snickered even as his points were cut in half. "I activate my Secret Card! Revival of the Phoenix! When a card on my side is destroyed during my opponent's turn, I can draw a card and restore my life points by its attack and Sprit Call it unto the field with zero attack and defense. It can't be destroyed during the rest of the opponent's turn."

I eyed the top of his deck as he placed his hand over it. He smiled slightly and turned the card to reveal another Crow of Dusk. My life points go up by two-thousand-five-hundred."

I laughed. "Not bad! Unfortunately for you, I activate Asora: Keeper of the Aura's special ability! Whenever my opponent's life points go up, its attack increases by the amount restored!"

Asora let out a battle cry as her attack rose from one-thousand to three-thousand-five-hundred.

I smiled. "Asora, attack Rooster of Dawn!"

Skah shielded his eyes as Asora brought out a knife and stabbed his rooster, bringing his life points back down to one-thousand.

"Go, Rosa!" Kohri yelled, pumping his fist up and down.

I laughed. He sure was energetic for a guy who looked like he was about to pass out not too long ago.

"Looks like we are back to where we were," Skah said, sighing.

"Yeah. But I'm not done yet. I still got Ama."

"Yeah, but you can't destroy my card."

"I don't have to destroy it to inflict damage. Ama, attack his Crow of Dusk!"

The maid rushed forward and delivered a spinning kick to the bird.

Skah snickered as his life pointed decreased to 100. "So, you saw through that gap in my strategy. I was hoping you wouldn't."