Special: Tiger and Bunny

*Conrad*

[Ten years before the events of the main story]

"Wakey, wakey, little bunny," a voice called out. I opened my eyes and saw my big brother grinning at me.

"Huh? What's going on, big brother? Don't think today's my birthday," I said, rubbing his eyes. Usually, I was the one waking him up.

He chuckled. "I'm gonna take you outside."

I smiled. "Really?" I lowered my head. "But, won't Mommy get mad?"

"No worries, she agreed to it!"

I jumped out of bed and hugged him. "Really?"

He snickered. "Am I not trustworthy?"

I giggled. "Yippee!"

"Hmm, but why today?" I asked.

"There's no special reason, but there is one," he said as he put me back down on my bed. "You've seemed rather depressed lately, so I figured some fresh air would perk you up."

It had been a long time since I had last gone out.

"So, where are we going?" I asked, jumping up and down.

"Over to Tetsu's place."

I pouted as I remembered our first meeting. The guy had been rude to my big brother! Calling him weak and not worthy of being Aventine's chosen.

"I don't want to go," I said, turning away.

"Why not?" he asked, putting a hand on my forehead. "Ya aren't feeling sick, are ya?"

"I'm fine, but I don't want to go to his place. He's a bully!"

Serrano laughed nervously. "I know that Tetsu can have a... difficult personality, but he's a nice guy once ya get to know him."

I jumped out of bed. "I'm not sure, but if ya want to go then I will too! I'll protect ya from that bully!"

Serrano sighed. "He's not as bad as ya think."

I ran over to the closet and grabbed a pair of blue jeans and a purple shirt. Not that I had much to pick from. Mommy didn't buy me many clothes, since I rarely went out.

I rapidly changed out of my bunny onesie and put them on. "Ready to go!"

"Ya're really fast," big bro said with a nervous smile.

I grabbed his hand. "Let's go, big bro! To confront that big bully! I'll teach him what happens when my big brother is mistreated!"

Serra sighed. "Conrad, I can take care of myself just fine. Plus, I doubt that ya'll be able to win against him. Sure ya got a good kick on him last time, but that was because he wasn't paying attention."

I punched the air and kicked it as well. "Ya sure? I've been training in my free time. I'll be able to protect ya, Serra!"

He patted my head. "Come on, that's my job! The big brother has to protect his little siblings."

I smiled. "Have ya gotten stronger from fighting with him?"

He averted his gaze. "I would like to think so, but I still got a long ways to go in order to take him down."

My smile faded. "Hmm, bully sounds tough. But, don't worry! Together, ya and me can defeat him!"

"Ya will be sitting down," he said, ruffling my long white hair.

The door suddenly swung open. Standing at the entrance was Mommy.

"You two sure are noisy today," she said, yawning.