Special: Serrano Turns Three

*Azami*

I smiled as I stared at my sleeping son. He was just the most adorable thing in entire world when asleep, especially in his tiger onesie.

It was hard to believe that he was three today. Time sure went by fast.

I turned away slowly. Unfortunately, I hadn't been around to witness him growing up. My job took up too much of my time.

I sighed. I had to find a way to make it up to him and Selena.

"Seeing our cub sleep?" Selena asked as she came up to me.

I snickered as I closed the door behind me. "I was going to wake him up, but seems he's still asleep."

My wife giggled. "Seems he's as much of a sleepyhead as his uncle Shi."

She grabbed my hand. "At least it gives us time to prepare today's big surprise."

I smiled. "Yeah."

Suddenly, a yawn echoed throughout the room. Little Serra rubbed his eyes as he turned his head to look at us. "Papa, Mama? Is it morning yet?"

I laughed. "Seems we spoke too soon," I whispered.

She chuckled. "Yeah." She took a step forward but I blocked her.

"I'll distract him while you prepare everything."

She crossed her arms over her chest. "Are you forgetting that I can't cook to save my life?"

I laughed. "Hey, at least you can make toast. Not that that really counts as cooking. I guess that Serra will be playing with 'Doggo' today."

Selena nodded. "Yup!"

I lowered my eyes. Though, it would've been good if I could spend some time with him on this special day to make up for the time lost.

"Hmm," Selena said as she walked over to Serrano. "Hey, Serra, want to help your Papa cook?"

"Huh?" I said.

He smiled. "Yeah!" he said, swinging his arms into the air.

Selena picked him up and smiled at me. "Let's go and help Papa then."

"Wait, you're helping too?"

She nodded. "Yup. I can at least wash stuff and get the ingredients."

"True." I grinned. "Alright, let's do this!"

***

"First thing you do when you're in the kitchen is wash your hands," I said, staring at Serrano who I had put on a stool.

"I get it," he said, smiling as he covered his hands in foamy bubbles. He giggled as one wondered off and landed on his nose.

"Aww, he's so cute!" Selena said, flashing a picture of our son.

"Where did you get that camera from?" I asked.

"I always keep it on me. Remember, I used to be a fan girl!"

I laughed. "In a way, you're scarier than the paparazzi." I put a hand on my hip. "Also, what do you mean by you 'used to be a fan girl'? You still are one."

She giggled. "I guess I am." She took more pictures of Serra as he he turned to look at us with a confused expression on his face.

"Now that our hands are washed, let's start making the batter for the brownie-cookies," I said as I dried my hands.