Episode 11: Rift of the Knights

[Munil]

[Munil]

Each complete day in Zionia and Xeleria felt like four months in this world. That was how slow time went by here. Meaning that once our training was over, it would be as if we had been training for an entire year.

"Hey, princess!" Tetsu said as he walked into the dining room. His white hair was starting to turn brown once again. Except the red-highlights he always had remained.

"Say, what kind of hair-dye do you use?" I asked, staring at the tips.

"Hair-dye?" he asked, pulling a seat across from me.

I had told him and the others to gather in this room. It was small, having only a single stone table with five chairs around it. Though I had taken to decorating it with a vase of silver flowers that the residents of this world were nice enough to provide us with.

"Yeah, those slightly reddish tips," I said, pulling on a strand of hair.

He laughed. "It's not hair-dye. It's my natural hair."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Serra himself has silverish tips. Come to think about it, Roa had blueish tips, so I guess it runs in the family."

My eyes widened as I realized he was right. "That's true. I noticed them but assumed it was dye too." I glanced at the strand of hair in my hands. "I tend to use ombre for mine. Though, it has faded now."

"Your hair is nice," he said, smiling.

My face reddened slightly. "T...thanks. I had never really been one for makeup and that kind of stuff, but taking care of my hair is a different case."

Tetsu put a white stone on the table that Halim had given us.

"Hmm? Thinking of calling someone?" I asked.

"Yeah, but now might not be the right time. Plus, we only get one use per Xelerian day."

"Well, if my calculations are correct, that day will be coming to an end soon," Hyosetsu said as he walked into the room. "Though for us it will still feel like days."

Tetsu tapped his hand against the table. "That's right..."

"Have you decided who to call?" I asked, leaning forward.

"I was thinking of calling Rosa for this first one, then use the other two for Serra and Yuko. Though I also want to call Yuko and Serra... Feels like I haven't seen them in months. Plus, I'm not sure if..." His golden eyes drifted toward the marble table, "Takeshi has given the stones to them yet."

"I see," I said. "If you do call her, ask her how she's doing for me. In turn, I'll call Serra."

"Deal! In turn, tell Serra that I'll like a rematch once we return," Tetsu said, grinning.

I snickered. "Okay."

"I could call Rosa as well," Hyosetsu said, pulling up a seat of his own.

"What about your mother?" I asked.