Episode 23: The Rabbit Pillar

I hid underneath a parapet and watch as a red-haired woman walked out of the tower

I hid underneath a parapet and watch as a red-haired woman walked out of the tower. She was the woman who Yuko had copied the powers of when she went out of control. Meanwhile, the other figure was covered in a black and purple bodysuit. His face was concealed by the visor of his black helmet.

Was he the boy who had spoken just now?

"Wait here," the mysterious figure told the woman. He vanished and appeared in front of me. "Found a spy."

I pointed Aventine at his neck. "So you did, but you won't be hurting anyone, not on my watch!"

He side stepped my sword and punched me in the stomach, sending me flying through the edge of the tower.

Spheres of darkness formed around him.

"Be gone!" he yelled, launching a barrage of purple orbs at me.

I held out my hands, forming my spiral shield as I swatted the spheres back at him with the arms of the spiral.

He vanished from sight and reappeared behind me as he pulled out a knife from the belt on his waist.

I spun around and knocked the weapon out of his hands with a swing of Aventine. "Too slow, kid."

He grunted and vanished once again.

"Is that all you can do?" I asked. "Uncle runs away too, but at least he can hit hard!"

"This little rabbit isn't done yet," he said. His voice, it was coming from above. "Moon Rabbit Kick!"

Rabbit...

I held out my arms over my head, blocking his kick which sent me crashing into the forest below. Closing my eyes, I covered myself in darkness mana to shield me as I continued to roll downhill.

"You were saying?" the boy snapped as soon as I came to a halt. He was nowhere to be seen.

"Your voice... You really do sound like..." I whispered. I shook my head and pushed myself up

Concentrate, Serrano. Remember this might be a ploy to trip you up. Focus, do not back down from the fight.

Suddenly, a wave of darkness washed over me, pushing me further downhill. I gasped as I realized that the darkness had countless pairs of golden eyes.

I slashed the darkness as it pushed me upward. A collective growl echoed as I cut down the creatures' cores in rapid succession.

I took to the air once more and made my way back to the ruins. I had to guard the point or else what would the point of coming here be?

"You should've given up, knight," the young man said as he rushed at me.

I raised Aventine to parry his sword and flew back. "Why would I when victory is still within my grasp?"