Episode 81: Purpose of Life

[Same time as Hideo's return to Zionia- Xeleria]

"Did you really have to push?" Setsuko asked, glancing back at Alma as we emerged on the other side of the portal.

"Didn't you say that you better get going? Figured a push would quicken things," Alma said before disappearing.

Setsuko sighed. She gasped as she saw what Hyosetsu and I had been staring at. Right in front of us were nine statues. On the far-left was one of a tanuki, and on the far-right was one of a kitsune.

"This is Nine Petal Academy," she said, turning around. "Why were we taken here? Serrano and the others should've left to go meet my dad by now."

"Maybe they haven't left yet," I said, swinging my arms behind my head. I walked toward the exit. "Let's try asking around."

"Alright, I'll go see if Shin-en is in his office," Setsuko said, heading for the stairs.

"I'll accompany you," Hyosetsu said, following after her.

I stopped walking as soon as they were gone. Had something terrible happened to Serra and the others? Or maybe, the enemy intercepted them. If so, then we should hurry up and catch up with them.

I dashed forward and pushed opened the large wooden doors.

"Lies!" A familiar voice called out as soon as I stepped outside. Running with his hands over his face was a red-haired boy. He was the same kid that I had met when I first arrived in Xeleria, Eien. Not far from him was a green-haired girl with serpent eyes. She had stopped chasing him. Her eyes were downcast.

Had the two fought?

"Huh, who are you?" Eien asked as he spotted me. I was blocking his way into the building.

I snickered. "Forgot about me already? I'm Tetsuya." I raised Agnes, which I had transformed into its Twilight form to prevent the kid from running inside.

"So, where are you heading off too, kiddo?" I asked, flashing him a grin.

He looked away and puffed his cheeks. "It is of no importance to you. You are only a knight."

"Hmm, is that any way to speak to your elders?" a voice called out from behind. I turned around and saw his aunt, Koukyuu. She was accompanied by Sabine, Shin, Ocarina, Akane, Zyuuni, Maki, and two people who I didn't know.

Much to my surprise, Reno and Suzuki were also with them. Had they betrayed the abysmals this time?

I stepped aside, allowing the kid passage. "It's fine. To be honest, he kinda reminds me of myself when I was little."

He lowered his head. "S...sorry," he said, his fox ears down.

I walked over to his and ruffled his orange-reddish hair. "Whatever is bothering you, keep your chin up. Don't give your enemies the pleasure of seeing you suffer."