Episode 76: Wuji

"So, you've chosen to give up on Zen Mode, huh?" Kaliq said as he eyed me even as he avoided more of Eiichi's attacks

"So, you've chosen to give up on Zen Mode, huh?" Kaliq said as he eyed me even as he avoided more of Eiichi's attacks. His eyes were glowing white. It appeared that he had gotten faster as Eiichi was landing fewer hits than before. "Watch me, my pupil."

I transformed Alma into its dual maces form and stepped back. Was he about to unleash the full strength of his Zen Mode? Or was this the power of 'wuji' that he had mentioned earlier? The force that is nothingness and limitless at the same time. A power which beings outside of Munil could never hope to use in its rawest form.

Considering that I couldn't feel his energy at all, it had to be the obscure energy.

My eyes widened as I recalled that Hyosetsu's warning. He knew about Wuji from his past reads, so he must've predicted this would happen.

I held out my hand and gathered the dust that Hyosetsu and Tetsuya had produced during their battle. The particles came together and formed a spherical stone wall around Hyosetsu and me.

"Hideo, spend your mana wisely," I said, as I rose out of the barrier.

"Wait, where are you going?" he yelled.

"I'm going to go help Eiichi," I said, before rushing down at Kaliq.

The sage of Munil held out his hand and stopped my left mace. He smiled. "Powerful swing, but it can still be improved."

I snickered. "Isn't that true about everything," I said, kicking my master in the gut.

He gasped as the orange around me vanished. I had reverted back into Zen Mode.

He laughed. "So, you didn't really give up."

I dashed around him and transformed Alma back into its meteor hammer form. I spun around my weapon and threw it at him.

He held out both hands, grabbing both of the spiked spheres. He continued to grin despite the spikes impaling his hands.

Eiichi rushed at him from behind, but a burst of invisible energy sent both of us flying back. Thankfully, something caught us. The two of us looked over our shoulder and saw that it was a wall of wind.

"So, that's Wuji," Hideo said as he flew over to us.

"Thanks for the save," Eiichi said.

"You're welcome. But we should hurry up and find a way to finish him off."

I gasped. "Wait, you can see Kaliq's energy? I can't even sense it while in Zen mode."

Hideo nodded as he raised one of his guns in front of him. He looked through one of the scopes. "Yeah, thanks to Donato. The energy is odd. It's impossible to describe, it's a color that boggles the mind." He rubbed the side of his head. "It hurts to just look at."

"Incredible," Kaliq said, laughing. "I never expected for someone who can't use Wuji to be able to see it. But seeing it changes nothing."

Eiichi moved in front of us. "Yeah, I didn't think that it would. You said earlier that the energy is a limitless one, then let's see how true that really is!"