Episode 84: Dragon Demons

Yuko grasped the blond-haired demon's arm with sand and twisted it

"Hand it over, tanuki!" the demon yelled, trying to free himself from the grip of the sand.

"No! Demon won't take this from Yuko!" Yuko yelled, wrapping her right hand tightly around the black cross.

"So, they didn't run away. They performed a strategic retreat," I said as I kicked the father in the gut, sending him straight into the ocean.

"Dad!" Maki's grandfather yelled. "Bylet, why did you come here? You failed already!"

"Come on, we know that you won't kill them, Audrey!" Bylet yelled. "You're too soft! Look at that feathered wing of yours! Honestly, you disgust me."

Audrey laughed. "I know, not that I wish to be liked by you, dear brother. I know that you've hated me for years, even though you try your best to hide it. You envy my power, isn't that it?"

Bylet cut off his caught arm with his sword. Instead of attacking, Yuko, he flew straight toward his brother. "Shut up!"

"Maki, Serra, let's get out of here!" Tetsuya yelled.

Satoru's brothers appeared to be too distracted to pay him any attention.

Maki descended until he reached our altitude. "Sounds good. Why waste energy on enemies battling among themselves?"

"Then let's get going," I said.

"Boys!" a voice roared. It came from the sea. A beam of fire flew into the air, causing Bylet and Audrey to flinch.

More flame pillars burst into the air, evaporated the seawater below.

"Dad is mad," Bylet said, biting his lip.

"You think?" Audrey said, rolling his eyes.

"Kill them!" the fox yelled as he rushed at me.

Tetsuya formed a shield around me.

"This stupid barrier won't stop me!" he screamed. "I'm going to kill you all for this embarrassment!"

I backed away as cracks appeared on the barrier. Taking a deep breath, I raised my swords. A smile dotted my face. "I embarrassed your beloved younger son," I said as electricity crackled around me.

His eyes widened.

"Now, it's your turn! Tiger slash!" I yelled as soon as he snapped the barrier. My swords sliced the man in half.

"Dad!" Bylet yelled, sending spheres of demonic energy our way.

Tetsuya took a deep breath and spun his arms around, forming his unique barrier. The demon closed his eyes as the attacks back at him. Audrey appeared in front of his brother and pushed them away.

"Audrey," Bylet said, shocked.

"You owe me one, little brother," Audrey said, flying toward Tetsu.