Episode 51: Techniques and Tricks

The ceiling of vines halted, pushed back by my Second Heaven aura

I formed another pair of dark spheres, this time covering my maces with the energy. "Sorry, but it isn't over until I say so!" I said, smiling.

I threw one mace up and the other down. The energy burned through the vines around me, including the regenerated ones as I moved my weapons around as if I had telepathy.

Zini whistled and clapped. "Not bad. I knew you were going to struggle, but I'd expected you to try using a certain earth move. If you had gone with that, I would've won."

I snickered as I raised my right hand. "Oh, you mean this one?" I said.

The stones on the tower turned into mush and lurched toward my ancestor.

Zini swung his ax past his shoulder as he kept his back to the wave of mud coming his way. The mud let out a ton of steam as the heat from the ax melted it into lava.

I air-dashed backward as globs of hot liquid lurched at me from the melting pillar.

I moved one of my maces behind me while holding the other in front of me. I glanced above and below and side to side.

I took a deep breath. I need to stop that and relying on my eyesight. 'Sense your surroundings,' Khaliq had told me. 'Empty yourself.'

My celestial aura vanished once more.

"Ha, do you think you got the time to meditate?" Zini asked.

Intense heat radiated throughout my entire being as I moved left and right. The sensation wasn't the result of my typical touch receptors. Instead, it was the sense beyond that. It was different than the sixth sense as commonly understood these days. I couldn't directly read minds like a psychic could; instead, I could feel something else. Putting what that something was into words wasn't an easy thing to do.

"Wow," Zini said. His mouth was surely open in shock.

My body moved forward on its own as my hands curled around the warm hilts of my maces. Whether touching them or not, my weapons felt like an extension of my body.

I smiled. Is that what Hyo meant when he said, 'to a swordsman, a sword is part of themselves'? Thinking about it, that's probably another reason he disliked not being able to use his old angel tools after obtaining Baldo.

Zini chuckled as his punch landed on my stomach, sending me flying. "You still can't completely clear your mind, can you?"

I gritted my teeth but didn't open my eyes as I had done last time. Doing that would disrupt my zen mode further.

Zini's elbow struck me from behind, sending me spiraling toward whatever laid below at the end of the pillar. Not that I planned to find out what that something was.

I stretched my arms around to slow my descent as I tried to calm down. Perhaps, I should've focused on trying to activate Third Heaven like Hyo was instead of this technique. Though, that form had its own drawbacks such as high mana consumption. Then again, that's why we were sharpening our mana control in the first place.