Episode 86: The Lion King Versus The Monkey King

I passed through the shadow vortex I had created and appeared on the sky island's outer rim

I passed through the shadow vortex I had created and appeared on the sky island's outer rim. Several Xianian guards glanced at me and brandished their weapons.

"Halt, I am not the enemy. He is!" I said, pointing toward the shirtless man flying through the air on a golden cloud.

"Who is he?" they asked.

"Someone dangerous. Standby. I'll try to handle him by myself. Protecting the palace is what matters the most right now.

The guards glanced at one another. "Wouldn't it be best if we work together?" one of them asked.

"I work better alone," I said, spreading out my dark orange wings.

"An angel?" they said, backing away.

"Yes. I came here to protect what lies in the palace." If I fall, at least there would be some who could delay the Monkey King. Even a few seconds would prove precious.

"Oh, it's you!" Daisaru yelled, even though he was still several meters away.

I jumped into the air and flew to meet him.

"We meet again, Monkey King," I said. "You reckless monkey who seeks to overthrow the heavens, listen to my words, and heed them!"

The Monkey Pillar's eyes widened. Suddenly, a white headband appeared on his forehead. He gritted his teeth. "So, you managed to find the incantation, but why don't you recite the rest?"

"I don't have it, but this should at least even things out!" I yelled. "Come to me, my guardians! Shield your master! Spear of annihilation: Shiva. Shield of Preservation: Vishnu." An amethyst railgun shaped sword with a long golden hilt manifested in my left hand. Meanwhile, my right was occupied by an orange and silver round shield with one-hundred-and-eight prongs. At the center of the shield was a gun barrel.

Daisaru snickered as he jumped off his cloud and dashed toward me. Next thing I knew, he stood behind me. A kick to the back in between my wings sent me flying toward the ground. I held out Vishnu and slammed it against the ground, causing a wave of stone and dirt to appear, tearing through the surrounding forest.

"Not bad, king," the Monkey King said, grinning as he flew back down on his cloud. He snickered. "Thought that would've done you in."

I narrowed my eyes at him as I pushed myself off the ground. Even after having his power cut, he was still this powerful... If only Takeshi and the others were here. No, I'll deal with this myself.

I pointed my spear-sword at the Monkey King and air-dashed forward. The monkey king narrowed his eyes at me as he gripped my sword. "Say, where did you get this weapon?"

I smiled. "I've had it since I was a kid," I said before kicking him in the stomach. A plume of smoke covered the forest as Daisaru crashed against the side of a mountain.