Episode 9: Historic Rivalry

Rosa, Ocarina, Osamu, and Shin were heading toward the door when a freezing breeze poured into the room

Rosa, Ocarina, Osamu, and Shin were heading toward the door when a freezing breeze poured into the room. All eyes turned on the center of the crystal floor between the room of watchers and the gym. Standing beside Maki and Shin'en was a green haired young man whose body was covered in red markings. There was also a lime-eyed, tattooed, young man with long black hair. Alongside them was also Zaki...

Rosa gasped. "Zaki? Are these the Seven Flames?"

Zaki narrowed her eyes as soon as she noticed my uncle Tekeshi.

"So, you were alive all this time, Tekeshi," she said, her voice filled with hatred. "I won't lie, I had my suspicions about you when we met in the cavern. Tell me, why did you choose to spare me when we fought? Why didn't you kill me like you did my father?"

"Now is not the time for that," Osamu said, stepping forward.

"You stay out of this!" Zaki snapped.

The king glared at her. "Seems you've forgotten your place. Need I remind you that you're a criminal? The only reason you are free is because-"

"Because you have need of my power," she said. "Not because you were feeling merciful."

Osamu scoffed. "Then why did you ask Tekeshi why he spared you? The answer is the same."

Her lime-green eyes glanced at Tekeshi who remained silent. "Right. But he could've easily taken my weapon and found a more worthy wielder."

"Your father's weapon chose you for a reason," Tekeshi finally responded. "That's how the weapons of all the Orders of Seven work."

My eyes shifted to my crystal earring. Why had Aventine chosen me?

"Now, will you assist us?" Tekeshi asked, holding his hand out.

Zaki crossed her arms as she leered at his stretched out hand. "I got no other choice. I need to pay my dues. Plus, my nephew is still in that world." Her eyes lowered to the transparent floor. I promised my sister-in-law that I would make up for what I did to Dan. Back then, it was finding a way to fix his damaged psyche, but now that includes locating him."

"Well, we know Zaki, but who are the other two?" Kohri asked, glancing at the guys flanking the next king of Kasai no Ki.

"I'm Emon Watanabe Makkuroyama," the robed boy covered in markings said. He smiled at us. "I'm Lady Zaki's youngest son!"

Rosalba stepped back. "You're her son? Why weren't you in the cavern when we..."

"I didn't wish to drag Emon into my rebellion. His path is different than ours," Zaki respond as her hand glowed bright red. A golden whip sword appeared in her hand. "Now, who will be my opponent?"

"It's great that you're eager but for the moment, I'm going to be teaching them a few things. However, you're free to join. You'll perhaps become a worthy opponent," Tekeshi said.