Episode 14: Someone to Talk to

[Meanwhile- In another part of Munil's central tower]

Hideo and I went to the circular room where we had spared with Halim when we first arrived in this world.

The kid let out a loud yawn.

I snickered. "Take it that you aren't a morning person, eh?" I asked, trying to cover up my smile.

His face reddened slightly. "I... uh... Hmm... Yeah, I'm not," he said, averting his gaze. "Either my parents, Kiara, or Silas would wake me up." He grumbled. "One time, Silas did so by throwing a bucket of cold water on me..."

"That brother of yours sounds like a hassle. I mean, Eita and I don't get along all that well either, but he's never tried something like that." He snickered. "If he did, he would've been roasted."

He smiled. "I did chase my brother, but Mom got between us before I could even land a punch."

"I see. Well, sadly, I got no buckets of cold water to use."

He leered at me. "Jerk..."

My laughter filled the room. "Is that it? Even the peasant has better comebacks than that!"

The green-eyed knight transformed his necklace into its gun form and pointed it at me. "How about we..." He let out another yawn.

I turned around and covered my mouth. "I think it's best that you wake up first, don't want you to accidentally shoot yourself," I said, looking over my shoulder. The kid's face was completely red.

He gulped. "Good call..." He put down Donato and raised his arms toward the ceiling.

"Ohh? Didn't think of you as the type who would do warm up exercises."

"I do them from time to time," he said, bringing his hands down to his toes. "Dad made me do them in preparation for joining Elitia's military academy."

"Elitia? That's the college that Serrano and that bothersome guy went to," I said, putting a hand on my hips. "Why didn't you aim for a better school, though? Such as Akemo in Yozora?"

"True, but Elitia has the best military program, in part due to it originally being a military academy of sorts. So, what school did you attend?" he asked, back to his original position.

"Mother wanted me to attend Fushi University in the capital. Attended for a few terms, but quickly got bored of it," I said, yawning.

He came to a stop. "What? Why? Fushi is the top school in all of Kuroriku, if not all of Zionia!"

I rubbed my ear. "Like I said, I got bored. I rather travel across Zionia and Xeleria than to stay cooped up in a classroom." My lips curled into a smirk. "Plus, one gets to meet a lot of attractive people along the way."

"Sounds like fun," Hideo said, smiling.

I snickered. "Yup! It sure is!" My gaze fell on my hyper-ring. "Continue with your warm up, I'm going to go make a 'call'."