Chapter 22

Too insane.

This is everyone's first thought.

No one could have predicted that Shen Yu would say such words directly in public. If he told the emperor in private, it could barely be called fun. Now, no one dared to take Shen Yu's words as a joke.

"Your Majesty is joking. Your Majesty is the king of a country, how can there be only one man in the harem?"

The speaker deliberately accentuated the pronunciation of "man", he was reminding Shen Yu that he was just a man and could not afford the glory of monopolizing the emperor's favor.

"My lord, no matter how much you say, you can't ignore His Majesty's wishes, right? In the end, this is His Majesty's private matter, and His Majesty can do what He wants. If I say, let you dismiss all the wives and concubines in the family, and then give them to you. You don't want to stuff a few things you don't like, right?"

"You are arguing. Your Majesty is the king of a country, how can you compare with me?"

"The king of a country is a human being, and you are also human. If you don't want to give you a human, can your majesty be happy?"

Shen Yu nestled in Shang Junlin's arms, feeling the light tremor in the man's chest, and his hand was also held by the man.

"Your Majesty is right, I don't have to worry about my personal affairs."

Everyone can hear the joy in Shang Junlin's words. A crisis has disappeared. It stands to reason that the ministers should be happy, but the development of the situation does not make them happy anyway.

It is not a good thing for them to be favored by the emperor.

Some people began to regret secretly, knowing that His Majesty was unwilling, and that was the case when they were tempted. They should not have promoted the son of the Marquis of Zhenbei to enter the palace in the first place, or they should have recommended their children to enter the palace in the first place.

Compared with the inexhaustible glory and wealth, what is a little danger?

After the whole palace banquet, no one dared to comment on Shen Yu's matter again. The emperor's attitude was very clear.

After a short period of low pressure, the palace banquet became lively again.

The graceful dancer came stepping on the lotus, dancing gracefully to the moving music, and the tulle fluttered with the movement, which was an ultimate visual feast.

"The dance girls raised in the palace are different." Shen Yu poked at the meat in the bowl and sighed with emotion.

"Do you like it?" Shang Junlin asked in a vague tone.

Shen Yu was keenly aware of Shang Junlin's displeasure, and although he didn't know the reason, he still answered cautiously: "That's not true, I still prefer Your Majesty to them."

"...Well," Shang Junlin felt a little happier and reciprocated, "I also like your gentleman more."

Seeing that the air pressure of the people around him returned to normal, Shen Yu continued to enjoy singing and dancing. He had considerable patience for beautiful things, and asked Shang Junlin while watching:

"Your Majesty, do you know who arranged this dance?"

How could Shang Junlin take care of these matters, and invited Eunuch Meng: "Answer your question."

"It was arranged by the music director. If your gentleman likes it, I can let them arrange more." Eunuch Meng assisted Shang Junlin in managing the palace, and knew these little things very well.