Chapter 99

Subei is the collective name of several cities in the northern part of Dahuan. In the early years, Shang Junlin fought in Subei and left some people there. Later, when he returned to the capital, his focus shifted, and he did not let go completely. He arranged it in Subei.

"What's going on?" Shang Junlin did not receive news of the severe drought in Subei in the capital, otherwise, he would not be able to stay in the palace without incident.

"Mu Xi, give Lord Xun a pot of tea first." Seeing Xun Chao's busy appearance, Shen Yu was obviously rushing back all the way.

Xun Chao was indeed thirsty, so Mu Xi brought the tea over, and without shirk, he drank it all in one go, and then slowly told the story of Subei.

"Three months ago, it rarely rained in Subei, but at that time, it would occasionally rain a little. This has always been the case in Subei. For a month, without a drop of rain, the crops could not stand the drought and withered one after another. The people in Subei were short of food, and the minister had no other choice but to move a part of the military ration to help the people in emergency, and handed the imperial court a book, hoping that it would be possible. Get one or two rescues."

Subei is an important pass in the northern part of Dahuan. If there is no Subei army stationed all year round, it is easy for nomads to invade Dahuan.

However, the living environment in Subei is very harsh, with scarce rain and drought all the year round. If it weren't for the Subei army stationed there, the imperial court would allocate a batch of supplies every year, and it would be difficult for ordinary people to survive.

"I didn't receive your letter." Shang Junlin's voice was cold.

No one knows where this book of relief is now.

"The minister also guessed that the book might not be delivered, so he hurried back. The minister was not summoned to the capital, and he was punished voluntarily!" Xun Chao had followed Shang Junlin before he ascended the throne. Naturally, he knew that Shang Junlin could not ignore it. Subei, he waited for so many days without waiting for a reply from the court, there was only one possibility.

——His book was not delivered to Shang Junlin.

"Follow the power in a hurry, I will arrange someone to go to Subei, you go down to rest first." Shang Junlin knocked on the stone table.

This is what he does when he thinks.

Before Xun Chao came, he had already prepared to be questioned, and his confidants had repeatedly discouraged him not to take risks. If his book was in His Majesty's hands, but nothing happened here, his result would be nothing but a return.

Of course Xun Chao knew that he could afford it, but Subei couldn't afford it, neither the Subei army nor the people of Subei could afford it.

He took out the book that he had been carrying in his arms: "The disaster situation in Subei is all written on it."

Eunuch Meng took the book and presented it to Shang Junlin.

"I understand, Meng Chang, take Master Xun to the Western Courtyard, and don't spread the matter today."

"Slave takes orders."

"What do you think of your majesty?" Shen Yu was not in the capital at this time in his previous life, and suffered a serious illness. He didn't know much about what happened this summer. As for the book he read after his death, it was all written from Shen Qingran's perspective. The description of this time is also only of being bullied in the palace.

"Xun Chao will not use this kind of thing to deceive people. Not only Xun Chao, but also I have not received any documents from other officials in Subei. It seems that there is a big problem within Subei."