Chapter 36

not so good.

Depressed.

I don't know what switch was turned on by Shang Junlin, Shen Yu felt that this person was different from before.

Shen Yu silently put away the words, and did not intend to provoke Shang Junlin again. If he continued, most of the suffering would be himself. His legs and hands were still hurting.

Can't do it again.

Noticing the inconvenience of Shen Yu's left hand, Shang Junlin reached out and held it: "Still uncomfortable?"

The warmth spread with his fingers, and Shen Yu's fingertips trembled, "Your Majesty, didn't you ask this knowingly?"

"How can you be so delicate?" Shang Junlin laughed.

"It's not that I'm delicate," Shen Yu retorted, "If you want to blame it, you have to blame Your Majesty for taking too long. Even if it's not me, others will not be able to bear it."

Shang Jun took a deep breath, and rubbed his gloomy fingers with moderate strength: "I give you a rub."

Shen Yu was lying lazily on the soft couch, one hand was held by the man in Xuanyi's palm, kneading neither lightly nor heavy, and being served by the emperor like this, he did not seem to be in the slightest embarrassment.

"Your Majesty, how is King Huaiyu?" Seeing that the atmosphere was becoming more and more ambiguous, Shen Yu had to provoke another topic.

"It's fine now."

"I don't understand why his attitude towards me is different from others. It can't be because of our relationship, right?" But I didn't see how good King Huaiyu's attitude towards Shang Junlin was.

"Maybe it's because your lord reminded him of some past events."

"Could it be that King Huaiyu's withdrawal from the heirloom had other hidden feelings?" Shen Yu became interested.

"There are many secrets hidden in the palace. Outsiders only know that King Huaiyu gave up that position due to illness, but they don't know that something happened before this incident."

Seeing Shen Yu's interest, Shang Junlin said slowly: "Back then, King Huaiyu had a close relationship with a man of unknown origin, the late emperor seized the flaw, designed to kill the man, and then pointed the finger at another strong man at the time. A strong competitor led them to tear their faces, and in the end, one died and the other was injured, and the late emperor reaps the benefits of the fisherman."

Shen Yu: "How did King Huaiyu know the real murderer? Does His Majesty know what the man that King Huaiyu likes looks like?"

Shang Junlin: "The man failed to leave any information, and all relevant records were destroyed by King Huaiyu. As for what the man looked like, it is estimated that no one knows. After all, the time between the man's appearance and his departure was too short. And his whereabouts have always been very secretive, if it weren't for King Huaiyu, fewer people would know of his existence."

"I don't know how King Huaiyu came to know the real murderer of the man's death. Judging from King Huaiyu's plan, it should have been known soon after the late emperor ascended the throne."

The whole thing is always mysterious. Shen Yu didn't know that the royal family had such secrets in his previous life. The book he read after his death was also based on Shen Qingran's perspective, and it didn't talk about it.

"Does your Majesty want to continue to investigate?"

Shang Jun nodded: "This person is hiding very deep, and I don't know what the real purpose is. I suspect that the matter of King Huaiyu this time is also related to the events of the past."