Chapter 145

Shen Yu once talked to Shang Junlin about the difference between movable type printing and Dahuan's existing printing. In comparison, the former is far more practical than the latter.

One of the reasons why the aristocratic family has been able to stand for many years is their heritage, the knowledge accumulated over the generations, and the rich collection of books.

Although Da Huan held the imperial examinations, the competitiveness of students from poor families was far less than that of those from aristocratic families. Part of the reason was this. Students from poor families had access to less knowledge than those from aristocratic families from the very beginning.

It is far from easy for ordinary families to cultivate a scholar.

The impact of the new printing press will be enormous.

Unlike before, where all the content is engraved on one board, the whole board can only be invalidated if one wrong word is made. The new printing method engraves each word separately. When printing different content, you only need to rearrange these words, instead of like As it turns out, only one piece can be re-engraved.

Shang Junlin could have predicted the huge impact of this printing technique. With this method, books can be printed on a large scale, and there may not be any changes in a short period of time. The distance between the poor families is shrinking.

Knowledge is no longer monopolized by aristocratic families, which is extremely beneficial to the real ruler of Dahuan.

For a time, Shang Junlin forgot what was wrong because of Boss Ye, and all his mind was focused on the things in front of him.

If this printing technique can be popularized on a large scale, the influence of the family will become smaller and smaller.

Boss Ye knew that the two were here to see the printing technique, so he took the two inside and let the expert demonstrate it again.

"This method is much more convenient than before," Boss Ye said with emotion. "The cost of printing a book in the past is incomparable to what it is now."

"Yes, in this way, the time, manpower, and material resources required are greatly reduced. In the same time, more books can be printed by this method." Shang Junlin agreed.

Shen Yu looked around curiously. His knowledge of this method was limited to what he learned from other people. He had never seen how it worked in his previous life, and this was the first time he had seen it.

"What do you think, Your Majesty?" After walking around, the two returned to the front yard.

Boss Ye did not bother the two of them to be alone, but went to the bookstore to work. After the new printing, the bookstore sold more kinds of books. Previously, because of the special stationery, the bookstore had already gained a good reputation among readers. The word-of-mouth reputation, this time with a wide variety of new books, more customers come to patronize.

There was a snack that Shen Yu liked to eat on the table, Shen Yu picked up a piece and put it in his mouth, squinting slightly.

"It really surprises me," Shang Junlin took a sip of tea to ease his mood, "It's just that the family can't know for the time being."

The aristocratic family and the aristocratic family are not in one accord, but if their interests are jeopardized, they can unite as quickly as possible and unite to the outside world. The aristocratic family has been entrenched in this land for a long time. incident.

Moreover, if they knew that all this was done by Shen Yu, they would probably turn all the blame on Shen Yu. They might not dare to do too much because they were afraid of him, but they would never take heavy action against Shen Yu because of him.