Extra Chapter

[Alarm! Alert! Calamity-level spirit body No. 003 has fallen into berserk mode, it is recommended to execute... here... force... here... wipe... beep...]

Black flames filled the air, and the man-made long-range mecha in the terrifying magnetic field couldn't escape at all, and it only had time to sound a few alarms, and it instantly turned to ashes.

There is a person lying in the center of the flame. It seems inaccurate to say that it is a "person". He is more like a human-shaped monster condensed from black flames. His hands and feet are all turned by flames, and he can't even see his facial features.

With "he" as the center, the black flames scattered, the mechas everywhere were destroyed, and there was no vitality. The terrifying flames eroded everything, except for one exception.

Not far from "him", there was a top-level sleeping cabin, and a haloed spiritual thread stretched out from the cabin, submerged into the body of flame, and connected with "he".

The spiritual thread was very thin, as if it would break when it was pulled, but for some reason, "he" felt a touch of familiarity from the fragile spiritual thread.

"He" dazedly approached the dormant cabin, looking at the handsome young man with only one face in the cabin, the black flames all over his body shook more and more violently.

At this moment, hundreds of miles away from the black flames, there were circles and circles of soldiers in battle armor.

"Commander Zhou, Calamity 003 is out of control, and all the remote monitors placed within a radius of 100 miles have been destroyed. Half of the members of the special team are on standby outside the field. Do you want to start a clearing plan?"

The middle-aged man who was replaced by Commander Zhou felt the terrifying high temperature in the air and shook his head, "Wait a minute."

"But... this black flame field will expand from time to time, and if this continues, it will soon spread to residential areas."

"Yes, Commander Zhou. Before Calamity's rational consciousness has completely dissipated, it is the best time to attack!"

"Let's go, Commander Zhou, it's simply impossible to count on a lowly combat-powered psychiatrist to reverse the calamity of the SSS-level mental body."

"Okay, am I the commander-in-chief or are you the commander-in-chief? I have made up my mind, no need to say more." Commander Zhou waved his hand and scolded coldly, "Dr. Ning is the doctor appointed by the commander-in-chief, as long as he does not declare failure, We can't act on our own!"

He remembered that the previous two disaster removal operations were all painful experiences that were close to the destruction of the group, but this group of young people with strong energy and blood in front of them knew very little about the horror of the disaster.

Different from the previous two storm tactics, this time, in the early stage of the spiritual body 003 disaster, Dr. Ning proposed a plan to awaken the main consciousness through the spiritual link. Little did these young soldiers know that if this attempt was successful, how many sacrifices of future soldiers would be spared...

"But... with this level of black flame, a high-level dormant cabin can't last long, right? We really don't need to act as soon as possible to rescue Dr. Ning?" a tall, short-haired female warrior asked aloud.

"Oh, Sister Xin, you talk a lot. Commander Zhou is the survivor of the first two disaster removal operations. We just need to trust Commander Zhou's judgment."

Commander Zhou saw that he finally had a sensible person, so it was hard to bear his temper, and explained: "The disaster is originally the evolution of humans with too powerful spiritual energy. The process of disaster will gradually erode the main consciousness of human beings, and eventually become A monster that brings disaster."

"At the moment, Calamity 003's main consciousness has not been completely swallowed, and it may be reversed. If we take the initiative to attack at this time, it will only catalyze the process of Calamity 003, and advance Calamity 003 into a full combat state, then we have done this. All the hard work...but it all came to nothing."

And once Calamity enters the battle form, it means that the survival rate of these soldiers present will not exceed 5%.

The people around them seemed to understand, but they also vaguely understood Commander Zhou's good intentions.

"Notify the Defense Department that the defense camps of the special forces on standby around Calamity 003 will retreat for two kilometers." Commander Zhou instructed, sensing the increasing mental strength index in the air.

"Yes!"

...

The monster in the center of the black flame stared blankly at the young man in the cabin, slowly raised his "hand", and lightly touched the spiritual thread. Images flooded into the brain.

"Yuan...you wake up...wuwu blame me...you wake up soon..."

"He" heard someone calling him, his soft voice trembled slightly, with a little cry.

Yuan...is that his name?

"He" didn't know, his mind was chaotic, as if he remembered a lot of things, but also seemed to remember nothing.

His consciousness was sealed in darkness, a small crack opened in the corner, and a faint light came in. Accompanied by that familiar and unfamiliar soft and waxy voice, he directly broke into his dark world, unbelievably warm.

He ran and screamed, chasing the light like crazy, but it was too high and too far for him to touch.

So he kept growing, growing, and becoming one with the darkness, and finally, he could barely manipulate the darkness and touched the scorching light lightly, lightly.

Warm and soft, as beautiful as imagined.

...

"Commander Zhou! This black flame seems to be... dissipating?"

When Commander Zhou heard the words, he closed his eyes and sensed the mental power index contained in the black flames, and was overjoyed, "Hurry up, go and tell the Commander-in-Chief, Calamity 003 successfully passed the first restless period without losing a single soldier! There is no need to retreat from the defense department."

"Yes!"

After the simple arrangement, Commander Zhou looked at the black flame field that was gradually dissipating in front of him, paced back and forth excitedly, and muttered to himself, "Perhaps... the main consciousness awakening plan proposed by Dr. Ning is really feasible."

...

The black flames gradually dissipated, and the land was barren. The terrifying flame monster slowly calmed down, the flames on his body faded a lot, and gradually revealed his human appearance.

He could vaguely make out the handsome features, but there were no eyeballs in the eye sockets, but two dark flames. "He" looked at the young man in the cabin, feeling the warmth coming from the spiritual thread, and slowly closed his eyes. .

Consciousness sank, "he" followed the light, and once again fell into a deep sleep.

...

The author has something to say: Happy National Day everyone! Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

This chapter is considered to release the background of the main world hehe~

I strive to have two more chapters during the holiday _(:з"∠)_