3.12

The End of The World (12)

City C.

It has been more than a few months since the end of the world, and the originally prosperous city has become dilapidated, leaving only the ruins, and unknown corpses are scattered in every corner of the city, exuding bursts of disgusting stench.

To the northwest of the city, you can vaguely see a fortified building complex, which is incompatible with the surrounding dilapidated environment.

"Qi Ge, are we really going to take refuge in that 'oasis'? This city doesn't look... it doesn't seem very good." Beside the off-road vehicle, a tall and long-legged man got out of the car with a gun and looked around. Four weeks later, he frowned slightly in dissatisfaction.

After the end of the world, cities are gradually occupied by zombies and mutant beasts, but there are also many capable people who gather the surviving humans to form a new survival base. Roughly speaking, there are more than 30 large and small bases established in various cities, and about 13 are in contact with each other.

The base where they were originally located was small, and although the materials were limited, the overall strength was good, and they could be considered worry-free.

They were a group of 4 people, headed by Huang Tianqi. They were originally an independent team in the base, and they were more free to do tasks at ordinary times. I don't know what the captain is doing. After hearing the news about the "Oasis", he was determined to move his position, and this happened today.

City C, where "Oasis" is located, was originally an international metropolis, but because of the dense population, the speed of zombies' proliferation in the early days of the apocalypse was quite terrifying. To be able to create a large-scale survival base in such an environment, the leader still has some ability. only...

From the outside, the city seems to be covered with a layer of dark color, gray, and it looks like it has completely fallen, and it has no life. You must know that around their original base, the patrol team will clean up the corpses when they go out to hunt zombies, so as not to rot and insects, and the stench is unstoppable.

"Everything can't be seen on the surface." The man who was called Chigo was a man with eyes, his eyes were straight, and he looked a little gentle, "Have you seen those black holes under the broken walls? That's the corpse rat's territory. "

Corpse Rat is the nickname given to those mutant mice in the post-apocalyptic era.

Hearing the words, the man carrying the gun looked again at the bottom floor of the dilapidated building. There were indeed numerous black gaps. When he looked closely, he could vaguely see bursts of red light in the hole. Those were the eyes of corpse-devouring rats.

"Fuck, it really is." The man couldn't help but exclaimed, his scalp tingling slightly. The Corpse Rat's combat power is not high, but there are so many in number that if they are mad, even them, I am afraid it will be difficult to escape.

"To be able to coexist with such a large number of corpse-devouring rats, this 'oasis' is more interesting than I thought." Huang Tianqi said slowly with a smile on the corner of his mouth.

The Corpse Rat's combat power is low, and it is difficult to develop such a large scale whether it is against humans or mutant beasts. If an ordinary base encounters such a situation, I am afraid that the corpse-devouring rats will be cleaned up immediately, lest they develop and become a threat. But this "oasis" seems to be a little unusual.

If he guessed correctly, the leader of "Oasis" was deliberately "raising Gu" and using these corpse-devouring rats as a tool to clean up the rot. After all, corpse-devouring rats live in the daytime, live at night, and feed on carrion. Those rotting corpses are their delicacies, and if used properly, they are free "city cleaners".