(B.2) CHAPTER 33 - ON - LEAVE

"Finish or not finish, pass your papers," Gulf fixed his glasses and turned to his students. He gave them a by-pair activity and the whole class became a little chaotic, finding their pair for the activity but he immediately settled it by choosing the pairs instead.

"Ms. President, please collect the papers," the president of the class nodded and start collecting the papers of her classmates while Gulf, turned back on his laptop, busy computing their grades. He have to pass this because few more days from now, he's going to take a leave to accompany Mew.

Right now, his parents are keeping Mew's company. They came when they knew Mew's due date. Mew's parents on the other hand are just a few hours away, but Mew's mother is also in their house now.

"Sir, here's the papers," she politely said. Gulf nodded and took the papers from her and put it under his laptop.

"Sir, is it true that you're taking a leave?," One of his students asked after sometime. Gulf looked at them and he slowly nodded with a smile.

"Yes," he simply answered. He saw how their shoulder fell and their smiles died down. "Class, don't be sad okay? I'm just taking a leave," he tried to lighten up the mood but it didn't work.

He sighed and stood up. "Look class, I'll be back. For now, my wife needs me,"

"Sir Mew?,"

"Yes, he's going to have our babies a few weeks from now, that's why I'm taking a leave to take care of him."

The students must've realized it now as they're all nodding and some are even pointing at each other as if saying they were right.

"As I'll be on leave, Ms. Castro will handle this class so please behave okay?," he knows that his students will behave but he just wants to remind them.

"Yes sir!," all of them answered making him smile.

~

The whole day he attended all of his class and all of them are sad knowing that he will taking a leave. Gulf's felt so overwhelmed knowing that a lot will going to miss him. But his wife must come first. After all, Mew is his first priority above all.

Even the teachers are congratulating him in advance and wishing that Mew will make it and he surely thanked them for that. Though some of the teachers who also because his teacher before when he was still a student, they still couldn't believe that Mew and him ended up together and now they will going to have their kids. Sure, Mew's condition is no longer a secret since Mew came here with his baby bump.

Sure their are some saying that it's weird and wrong and other stuffs but they completely ignore those and just focused on the most important things, which is their babies.

Right now, it's already 5:40pm, few more minutes before 6pm. Gulf is already done with everything and he's on the way to the parking lot.

Once he got near his car, he immediately hopped inside and fastened his seatbelt. He was about to start the engine when his phone rang.

It was Mew.

Wasting no more time, he immediately answer his phone and he immediately heard Mew's sad voice. "Daddy, when are you coming home?,"

"My baby miss me already?," He teased. He already started the engine and is now driving out of the school. Mew answered him with a whine but after sometime, he heard some sniffs. "Please come home now, I want you here."

Gulf sat straight. "Don't worry baby, I'm on my way home. By the way do you want something?,"

"Yes," Mew squaked. "I want some bagels and nutella, the big one please."

"Oh, i thought you want me?,"

"That's already given, now hurry up," Mew is now using his bossy tone on him, making him chuckle. "Sure baby, just wait for me,"

"Okay, drive safely okay? I love you,"

"Sure, I love you more."

After that call, Gulf stopped to a convenient store. Good thing there's one on their way home. He went inside to buy what Mew wants and it's a good thing that this store have some bagels and he also, he didn't forget the nutella that his baby wants. I choose the big one just like he said.

After that, he also bought some donuts and some ice cream. He noticed that the ice cream in the frigde is running out so he decided to bought some.

He also wants to buy some crinkles too but Mew already wants him to come home and it would take him a little longer to go home if he'll go to the mall. So he just leave it for a while and decided to buy some tomorrow.

Now he's back to their house. Once he open the door of their house, he saw Mew waiting on the sofa. He's sleeping on his side while holding a bolster.

Gulf slowly went closer to him and gently put the things he bought on the coffee table and carefully lifted Mew's legs and sat on the end of the sofa. Gulf chuckled lightly hearing Mew's cute snores.

"He must've been so tired," he heard his moms voice.

"Oh where's dad and Nate?,"

Natalie sat on the sofa beside him. "Your dad is on the kitchen while Nate is having a date with Warren."

"Oh I see," he nodded. "How are you mom?,"

Natalie smiled and held his hand. "Im fine son, how about you?,"

"I'm okay," he shrugged. "Though I'm a bit nervous,"

Natalie tapped his back and Gulf just unconsciously lay his head on her shoulders. "It's normal to be nervous though. But it's already sure that Mew will make it,"

"I know that mom but.."

"But what?,"

Gulf sighed. "Will i be a good father? Can i fulfill that responsibility? What if fail to be a good father?,"

"Is that what's bothering you?," He suddenly heard Mew's voice.

"Baby,"

Natalie stood up and smile. "I'll leave you two for a while okay?," then she started walking towards the kitchen and once she's gone Mew spoke.

"Now, how could you think of those?,"

Gulf looked away making Mew sighed. "You act so tough but don't you think that I won't notice?," His husband may be always their, acting up so strong and always comforting him but he knows that he's also thinking of something. And now that he revealed it already, Mew wants to do something about it.

"I just can't help it baby, I'm sorry." Gulf sighed frustratingly. Mew make him lay on his shoulder and hug him tight.

"Don't be, i alsk have the same worries but mom tell me something."

"What is it?,"

"She said that theirs no such thing as perfect parents. But we should be a better parents to our kids. Sure we still couldn't help but to make some bad decisions in life as a parent but that doesn't mean that it would make us less as a parent, no. So don't think something like that okay? And I'm sure, you will be a good father to them. You take good care of us since the day they started growing inside my tummy until now that they're finally be able to see the world. We can do this together okay?,"

"Mmm, my baby is getting more mature," He smiled as he kissed his neck.

"Really? Teasing me again?," Mew looked at him flatly. "I wouldn't be shock if one of our kids get that side of yours." he said rolling his eyes making Gulf laugh and pinch Mew's cheek.

"You're adorable. But thanks for that baby," He kissed him again and moved on to his belly and gave it a kiss. "I'll try to be a good father to you kiddos,"

Mew smiled heartily as he messed Gulf's hair. I'm sure he will, i already know.

~

How was it? Let me know in the comments! Meet you in the next chapter everyone! Take care!🫶