(B.2) CHAPTER 34 - THE LONGEST NIGHT

“Okay so everything’s ready,” Mew muttered under his breath. He’s arranging the things that they need to bring to the hospital when his due date comes.

Although he did ready everything a month ago, he just wanted to make sure that he bought everything. We never know that maybe he still forgot something. His due is a few days from now and as that day is getting near, his nervousness and his anxiety rises everyday. Good thing, his mom, his in laws and his husband are always there to ease it.

Gulf already took a leave on his work and just focused on taking good care of him. His husband, as much as possible, doesn’t want him to do everything and just leave it to him. But Mew would sometimes do things by himself and Gulf couldn’t do something about it.

It’s already 9:40pm and Mew put aside the bags. The door suddenly opened and Gulf came inside, holding a glass of milk for Mew.

“Here’s your milk baby,” he approached him and gave him his milk. Mew took the milk from Gulf’s hand and slowly sat down on the bed.

“I see you try readying everything again huh?,” Gulf raised a brow. Mew nodded as he took a sip from his milk. “I just want to make sure everything love.”  Mew pouted. Gulf sat beside him and wrapped his hands on his waist, gently pulling Mew towards him. Mew lay on his shoulder and Gulf planted a kiss on his head. “My baby will surely become a good mother,” he said, smiling genuinely.

Mew looked at him, his eyes shown that he’s anxious and nervous. “Will I be?,”

“Of course you will be.” He sighed. “Now you’re the one who’s having a problem with that. Don’t worry okay? I’m sure our parents will also guide us how to be a parent,” Mew just sighed and snuggle his face on the crook of Gulf’s neck. “Please come with me when I give birth,” he croaked out
.
Gulf chuckled. “What do you mean baby? Of course I will be with you,” he assured him.

“Now finish your milk and we’ll go to sleep,” Mew nodded and continue drinking his milk.

Once he finished it, Gulf took the empty glass and went to put it in the kitchen. While Mew, he was somehow feeling a little pain since this morning but he didn’t tell Gulf because it’s nothing that he couldn’t manage but right now, that pain is getting worse.

“Oh god,” Mew took a few deep breaths as the pain intensifies. “G-Gulf! G-Gulf!,” Mew starts shouting in pain, he couldn’t take it anymore.

He tried to stand up and he felt his pants get wet, turns out his water already broke.

“GULF!!,” He shouted in pain.

Hearing Mew’s shouted, Gulf immediately went to check him upstairs and he saw Mew shutting his eyes close, he looks in pain and he saw water starts streaming down his feet.

Mew saw Gulf just looking at him making him feel annoyed. “Don’t just stand there! Bring me to the hospital!,” Mew continues to shout in pain.

Slowly realization hits Gulf and he immediately moves quickly. “Fuck, hold on baby.” He said. He’s starting to panic inside but he’s taking few deep breaths to calm down.

He carefully carried Mew to the car, and his in laws went to get the stuff they needed. “Give me your keys son.” Theodore asked, opening his palm. Gulf didn’t think twice and gave his dad the keys. He settled Mew to the backseat and he also sat beside Mew whilst his parents were on the front and his dad was driving the car.

“Let’s go dad,” Gulf spoke and hold Mew’s hand.

“It’s okay baby, you’re going to be okay.” He spoke softly and wipe Mew’s tears. “I will never let you impregnate me again!,” Mew shouted. Gulf silently chuckled because he knows that Mew doesn’t mean it.