Chapter 2: The stone

||

~No one's POV~

||

Namjoon woke up to the smell of delicious pancakes. The last night's nightmare was fresh in his mind but he knew if he didn't pay attention to them he might only suffer at night. He wanted to pass his days peacefully.

He got up rubbing his eyes when he was engulfed in a hug.

"Hyung, I want that book." Taehyung said in a baby voice.

"Which one? 'I am home but I want to go home' ?" Namjoon ruffled the other man's hair as he giggled climbing on his back like a piggyback ride.

"Oh gosh how much do you weigh Tae?" Namjoon grumbled as he picked up the latter.

He carried the boy to the kitchen where Jin was cooking pancakes. They both settled on the chairs by the countertop. Two plates of pancakes were served to them and they began eating hungrily.

"Slow down idiots." Jin hit them with a saddle but they both ignored the pain and concentrated on the food.

"What did I do to get you two as my brothers?" Jin mumbled.

"You were born." Namjoon replied nonchalantly as he took another huge bite of his pancake.

"Shut up." Jin snapped and the two boys snickered.

"Namjoon-ah, are you sure you want to go to college? Like you can tell us we can arrange a home tutor." Jin asked not for the first time.

"Hyung, we talked about this. I want to go. That's the only way I can get regular access to the library and probably a handful of degrees. I gotta work you know." Namjoon replied trying to convince the older.

"Why are you so stubborn? You could stay at home we can make a fucking library right here for you!" Jin exclaimed dramatically and Namjoon smiled softly.

"You really don't have to bother Hyung. I am already a bur- Ow!" Namjoon cried as Taehyung smacked him on his head.

"No one is a burden here AM I CLEAR?" Namjoon sighed and nodded at the younger's reaction.

Taehyung absolutely hates when people call themselves a burden. He knows what being a burden means, and he for sure doesn't want anyone to feel that.

"So when is the college bus?" Jin asked trying to change the subject. He had seen the movie of emotions playing on Taehyung's face and he knew what he was thinking. Taehyung's face was like an open book, each and every emotion perfectly written over his face.

"9 am, about an hour later. I'll shower fast don't worry." Namjoon replied checking his watch.

"And remember no-"

"I know Hyung. No animals in the house. I have one in the garden." Namjoon cut Jin in the between.

"Yeah, gard- WAIT WHAT?" But Namjoon had already gobbled up the remaining pancakes and ran inside to shower fast.

"I swear if any of his animal friends enter the house I will personally kill them." Jin threatened and Taehyung simply laughed.

Laughing so hard Taehyung fell off the chair and fell to the ground.

"Stop that and eat. You are doing the dishes today." Jin announced and Taehyung's laughter was long forgotten as he eyed the piles of dishes.

This is gonna be a long day, he thought to himself.

||

Namjoon successfully escaped Jin's clutches and saved his new animal friend from an uncanny death. But now he knew he has to let him loose.