Chapter 42: After So Long

||

~No one's POV~

||

"Feeling better?" Y/N questioned the moment Sunghoon was left free by Jimin and Jungkook who were giving him a mixture of scolding and care as he regained consciousness after twelve hours of laying still.

Sunghoon nodded with a weak smile, which quickly turned into a serious stare.

"They know about you Y/N. They also know that you are after Giho. I heard them talking about how to keep you from Giho, and if they should do something to Namjoon."

Y/N ignored the gasps of the Kim brothers and directed her question to Sunghoon, "How did you find them? Who are they?"

"As you had told me to, I was going after the second spy Jaehwa sent for Namjoon, but on the surveillance, I heard unknown signals that mentioned the name 'Y/N' and 'Song' specifically, many times. So I decided to probe further. Then I found that the deal of the weapons was not just a deal, it was a gift as a reward for help. Soon more rewards are yet to come."

Y/N narrowed her eyebrows, "From whom?"

"Coming to it. As I was listening to the messages, I realized that they were not from Jehwa's gang, but from a different one. No one mentioned any names, not even codenames. I could only decode that they have a hand in Namjoon's kidnapping which is not because they suspect Song gang has relations with him, it is because of some other motive, something which is strongly related to Giho. This was the point I lost my temper for a moment and cursed, which alerted the second spy I was originally after, and he shot me. I believe he was not sent by Jaehwa, but by this other gang. All these circles back to Giho because he is the whole root of this problem." Sunghoon sighed, slumping further on the couch. "We need to find Giho."

"Who the fuck is this Giho?!" Y/N gritted out.

Hoseok slammed a hand on the table, rattling the glasses and plates. His face was set in anger, fingers twitching to hit something more.

Jimin's jaw clenched in anger as he glanced again at the bandage that covered Sunghoon's wound. Jungkook and Yoongi were visibly tensed, knowing where this was going.

Maria sat on the second couch, eyes on the floor, staring at something only she could see. Taehyung, Namjoon, and Jin were in the same situation, their worries climbing higher and higher with each passing second.

The air suddenly felt too thick.

"Y/N, I think this is a very different case. We need to find this Giho as soon as possible, and if Namjoon is helpful to them in any way," Sunghoon looked at Namjoon, "we need to keep him safe and out of their hands. Maybe he knows something about Giho, a clue, or some possession?" Sunghoon suggested.

Namjoon gulped as all eyes shifted to him. But the most unsettling eyes were of Y/N, who seemed to be staring into his soul. The man shuddered slightly.

"You are right. We have two tasks, and none of them can be done from here. We need to move. Are you capable of movement?" Y/N said, glancing at the bandage on the wound.

"I think so. I'll be fine." Sunghoon assured them, and even though no one was assured, they had to move for safety.

||

Thirty minutes later, everyone was in the van again, Casa locked and closed, and Sunghoon's bandages changed again.

Y/N was driving, and Sunghoon sat beside her planning the next course of action. Maria, Jin, Namjoon, and Taehyung sat in the middle seat while Jimin, Hoseok, Yoongi, and Jungkook sat in the last seat.